Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first test build of OS X 10.9.2 to registered Mac developers, just three days after the public release of OS X 10.9.1. The build, termed 13C32, is available to registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

10_9_2_dev_build_1.jpg
Apple cites no known issues with the build and asks that developers focus their testing on the following areas: Mail, Messages, VPN, Graphics Drivers, and VoiceOver.

There is no word yet on specific fixes and changes included in the update, and a public release target remains unknown.

Update: OS X 10.9.2 adds FaceTime Audio to the Mac for the first time. FaceTime Audio was originally introduced to the iPhone in iOS 7.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First OS X 10.9.2 Build to Developers [Update: Includes FaceTime Audio]

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
Good.

Frankly, at least in my case, 10.9.1 seems to have made my Mail IMAP interface to my Google Apps account flakier than before. Slow, doesn't update at all for several minutes at times, odd time-out warnings, and so on. I understand Google has a nonstandard IMAP implementation but Mt. Lion's Mail app seemed to handle it just fine.

AMDeeb

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
Lebanon
Since OS X 10.8.3:

"Apple Seeds OS X 10.A.B Build to Developers"

SANDCASTLES.png

"Apple asks that developers focus their testing on the following areas: Mail, Messages, VPN, Graphics Drivers, and VoiceOver."

desk%20flip.jpg

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Glad to see them working on it right away :)

They are working on future revisions well in advance. This one was probably started weeks ago. Look to any open source project and you'll see a "Timeline" tool where they are planning changes and updates several versions into the future. It's not really a start-stop-start-stop process. There's several overlapping versions in development at any given time. They are also working on OS X 10.10 and iOS 8 right now, too.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Any chance this will fix the 2013 Airs periodically freezing on a black screen? my friend exchanged one with that issue and the replacement does the same thing. Apple pretty much said they won't replace it again because it is a problem for many people, and they were working on a software fix.

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
Hope this fixes mail and stops the bug introduced in 10.9.1 where a system with 16GB RAM with not much open will run out of Application Memory regularly. Can't use some of my apps if the Mac will pause them randomly when I need them to be working.

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
does anyone know if the PCIe issues that have been affecting some users has been fixed? it started in 10.8.5 and was present in 10.9.0... havent heard if 9.1 fixed it or not. blackmagic design, tc powercore, some other expansion card users were all affected and Apple acknowledged it was a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.