Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios93.jpg
Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3 update to public beta testers, just a day after seeding the fourth iOS 9.3 beta to developers. iOS 9.3's fourth public beta comes more than a month after Apple released iOS 9.2.1, a minor update, to the public.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the fourth iOS 9.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the company's beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas. For an in-depth walkthrough on downloading the iOS 9.3 beta, make sure to check out our dedicated how to.

iOS 9.3 is a major update to the iOS 9 operating system, introducing a long list of new features and improvements. iOS 9.3's biggest new feature is Night Shift mode, which automatically cuts down on the amount of blue light an iOS user is exposed to at night by shifting to more yellow tones for the iPhone or iPad's display. With iOS 9.3, there are also a number of changes for educational users, including support for multiple logins, and the iPhone is now able to pair with more than one Apple Watch.

The update also includes new 3D Touch Quick Actions for stock apps like Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, and iTunes Store, plus it introduces password protection for individual notes in the Notes app. News in iOS 9.3 includes in-line video playback, landscape mode on the iPhone, and more personalization, while the Health app introduces a new Apple Watch-style "Activity" interface. As of iOS 9.3 beta 3, Wi-Fi Calling is available to Verizon users.

A list of the changes in iOS 9.3 can be found in our "What's New" post. iOS 9.3 will launch to the public this spring, likely alongside watchOS 2.2, OS X 10.11.4, and tvOS 9.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 9.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Just a heads up if you're an Apple Watch owner, I (and many others on the developer forums) are experiencing a few issues with notifications - things not showing on the watch, both the watch and phone buzzing, etc.

Even being on the wOS beta doesn't help. You may want to hold off until beta 5/GM if it's working OK for you now.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just a heads up if you're an Apple Watch owner, I (and many others on the developer forums) are experiencing a few issues with notifications - things not showing on the watch, both the watch and phone buzzing, etc.

Even being on the wOS beta doesn't help. You may want to hold off until beta 5/GM if it's working OK for you now.
Glad I saw this. I figured the fourth beta would be solid (especially for a mid-cycle point release) and was finally going to upgrade from 9.2. Guess I'll keep waiting for that Night Shift mode. I use my phone before bed every night so I look forward to seeing if it helps me get to sleep faster. Hopefully we're getting close to a public release in the next month. This thing is taking forever!

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I'm running on Beta 3. I'll defiantly wait for beta 5 before beta 3 expires. Apple's been way to preoccupied with this FBI backdoor that they're not paying attention to the small details of iOS 9.3 beta.

Grahamps

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Today, I used Feedback to report that videos in Photos are achingly slow to play. Like, two minutes to begin. I've got one 18 second video that I've been showing people, and, ever since it went off my phone and into iCloud, it's failed to load/play quickly. At lunch, I "Messaged" it to myself, and began watching that video instantly.

Since1987

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2016
We don't need a "What's New" page, we need a "What's Been Removed" page. It will certainly contain more info than What's New. Ives is on a crusade to remove ALL functionality that is not Twitter or Facebook related. That and making sure that every menu and every button is grey.
OSX and IOS are now a Graphical Face.... the "User" and "Inter" parts are long gone. Who cares what the dumb 'ol consumer wants!

Reactions: Crambie

Panerai

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Guys when I press on the settings using 3D touch I don't have the wallpaper option like in the video, is this option removed by Apple?

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Guys when I press on the settings using 3D touch I don't have the wallpaper option like in the video, is this option removed by Apple?
I might be wrong, but have the feeling I never had that option on my 6s plus (public beta)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm running on Beta 3. I'll defiantly wait for beta 5 before beta 3 expires. Apple's been way to preoccupied with this FBI backdoor that they're not paying attention to the small details of iOS 9.3 beta.
Doesn't seem like betas have had expiration dates for quite some time now.
[doublepost=1456257018][/doublepost]
We don't need a "What's New" page, we need a "What's Been Removed" page. It will certainly contain more info than What's New. Ives is on a crusade to remove ALL functionality that is not Twitter or Facebook related. That and making sure that every menu and every button is grey.
OSX and IOS are now a Graphical Face.... the "User" and "Inter" parts are long gone. Who cares what the dumb 'ol consumer wants!
What? :confused:

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.

What's been removed? I haven't noticed any missing functionality in my iOS devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.