Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Any reports on IP4 performance? I downgraded back to iOS 6 as DP2 was a little too sluggish for me.

mr-kenneth-man

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
when updating apps, it shows progress like so (see finance folder):

pqe7oAfrFr1l_dYu8Ni0UQ6_G19y4prGnyA1LIFtlWU

ady199

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Just updated and now getting that Visual Voicemail is unavailable - anyone else having the same problem?? (o2 UK)

scbn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
So what's next after beta 3? In other words, when will the iOS 7 be released?

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
I predict that iOS 7 is going to be the Vista of Apple.

I hate the icons. They look like something out of an unpopular jailbreak theme. No class at all. Jony Ive needs to go back to working on hardware and then need to hire someone who understand software usability.

I really don't care if you guys think that skeuomorphism is not chic or hip anymore. It lends itself toward usability because user interfaces are for the "user", not the hipster wannabe designer. Usability sometimes requires a few compromises for a designers "vision".

Even these icons use skeuomorphism because without it, you would not recognize which is the phone icon.

See this article on what it is any why it can be useful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeuomorph#Arguments_for_skeuomorphism_in_digital_design

That design philosophy is context sensitive where the look and feel is suited to the context. The current design language in iOS 7 is not context sensitive. It is harder to use for new users and is really boring visually IMHO.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Hmmm, would anyone be able to see if Skype works this time around? Seeing as MLB works again maybe Skype will...
Thanks!

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
every time I see the "back" button, I think it looks wrong.

It's taking up too much space.

stan1028

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
1. Some of the fonts seems to have gone back to the thicker font like iOS 6 in Settings and etc.
2. There are finally dots in the calendar indicating events!

Just so far the changes that I have found in beta 3.

blirette

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Any reports on IP4 performance? I downgraded back to iOS 6 as DP2 was a little too sluggish for me.

Same thing here, I just downgraded THIS MORNING because both beta 1 and 2 worked really bad on my iPhone4. I had a bricked iPhone 4 this morning.

Important note: I didn't do a clean install. That might have helped with iOS7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.