Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to public beta testers, one day after seeding the second iOS 9.3.3 beta to developers. iOS 9.3.3 has been in testing since May 23 and comes three weeks after the release of iOS 9.3.2, an update focusing primarily on bug fixes.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.3.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas.

appleios93.jpg

As another minor 9.x.x update, iOS 9.3.3 includes under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 9.3.2. No outward-facing changes or immediately apparently bug fixes have been discovered in the first two developer betas of iOS 9.3.3.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second iOS 9.3.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
Strange. Nothing yet for SE but downloading for 6S and iPads. What up with that?

Never mind the beta profile disappeared and need to be reinstalled.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Needs a backup before install. Hope it will not brick my device or it will be a hazard for me.

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
yeah I think there is some confusion, I installed it 20 min ago, not days ago so I can't comment on the battery life, Safari seems the same. However I'm still having an issue with some of these betas where after install I can't type on the screen even if I wait a few minutes and I have to hard reset to type in my password.

TonyTech

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to public beta testers, one day after seeding the second iOS 9.3.3 beta to developers. iOS 9.3.3 has been in testing since May 23 and comes three weeks after the release of iOS 9.3.2, an update focusing primarily on bug fixes.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.3.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas.

appleios93.jpg

As another minor 9.x.x update, iOS 9.3.3 includes under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 9.3.2. No outward-facing changes or immediately apparently bug fixes have been discovered in the first two developer betas of iOS 9.3.3.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second iOS 9.3.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers
WTF...Wasn't this already posted yesterday?

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
LOL... Let us see which devices this update will brick... What us the point for the beta if final version is still buggy as hell...

iOS 9 is the most buggy release ever

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Seem the beta iCloud server isn't connecting for Beta 1 now, so I'm unable to restore from a Beta 1 backup. I don't normally do this, but I've learned my lesson.

I had to do a restore to remove phantom Photos usage (1.3Gb!)- it's been bugging me for months. The Time rollback trick unfortunately didn't work for me. Why Apple can't fix this is completely lost on me.

Reactions: byke

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
More than likely most don't have it installed. They published it about 20 minutes after it became available, that's hardly "old" to be fair.

I think all of us run dev betas, so sometimes we don't always know right away when there's a public beta. It's definitely slower than we get developer beta news up. :p

If you guys see a public beta pop up, feel free to email us or ping us on Twitter.

Atmos4

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
Warning: The second 9.3.3 beta completely broke TouchID on my iPhone 5s (first beta was fine). All attempts to unlock with TouchID are rejected and even scanning new finders fails, telling the finger was moved during scanning again and again. If TouchID is disabled for unlocking and cannot be re-enabled after that.

My iPad Air 2 is not affected.

Update: The following fix worked: Disable TouchID for unlocking the phone from the settings, reboot iPhone, re-enable TouchID for unlock. Only rebooting without disabling TouchID unlock first did not help.

Last edited:

Wintrmte

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2006
Idaho
According to the email I got today regarding my bug submission about battery life stinking in the previous beta, it has been fixed in this one.

I haven't installed yet but thought I'd share the feedback response I got today.

iorangutan

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2009
Well, 9.3.3 beta 2 just bricked my iPhone 6s. Fantastic! :(

Ran the update and just got "Connect to iTunes"

First time ever (back since my first 3GS), that an iOS update has done that to me.

Apple Store factory restored to 9.3.2 - but I can't restore my iCloud backup of course until I go 9.3.3 beta again (when I get home).
[doublepost=1465882470][/doublepost]
LOL... Let us see which devices this update will brick... What us the point for the beta if final version is still buggy as hell...

iOS 9 is the most buggy release ever

Bricked my iPhone 6s :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.