Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
That randomly happens with my iMac G4 10.4.8. The exact same thing. Yeah. Annoying.
Humm never seen... err heard... that on any of my 10.4.8 systems. It may be a piece of software that you folks use (that I don't) which is causing the strange reconfigure of the audio system.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Im STILL waiting for a fix with the audio on my ibook. It keeps going to the left speaker with itunes. I have to go into the audio settings in the system pref pannle and put it back to the middle.

That's not as bad as the blue screen after screen saver bug that was never fixed in Panther, had to update to Tiger for it to work right. If you don't know the bug I'm talking about happened with the 1.07GHz iBook G4s, after the computer came out of screen saver there was a blue tint over the screen that didn't fix unless you restarted.

addicted44

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2005
Yeah, this bugs the **** out of me too. I'm running an iBook G4 w/ 10.4.8. No joy yet... :mad:

I use to have teh same audio issues with my ibook G4. However, it has stopped happening in the last 6 months or so. I think a not so small role was played by certain alarm clock softwares that I had installed. either way, I am pretty sure its a 3rd party application that is causing those problems, so you want to look into that.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
Hmmmm. What app does that?

It was just a demo of how core animation is now built in without you having to do much. It was a grid object if I remember correctly, and he had buttons to change the settings dynamically. Just to show the Animation that happens without you having to program it.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
The capability to resolve or provide all of the above mentioned features/issues exist, however, for Apple to enable/provide them would cost you more than what you originally paid for your computer.

"Something to do with SEX or GAP" an Apple spokesperson was quoted as saying...:rolleyes:

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
Airport and Intel 'books

I am hoping that it will fix my 17" MacBookPro (rev2) and my wife's MacBook (rev2) issue with the airport not connecting after waking up. Otherwise I just look forward to "snappier" comments in these forums after the MotherShip releases the update.

ruutiveijari

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2005
Hellsinki
Same thing is happening to me! It's getting annoying!

How does an update screw up a computer? Shouldn't it help the computer? :p
And with my older iBook. I noticed it ONLY did this when I tried to adjust the sound with the keyboard while the computer was busy and showing the beachball. When I just waited for the computer to become responsive again before adjusting the sound level the balance also stayed in the middle.

macgpscs1

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
10.4.9 adds Sony GPS-CS1 support?

Does anyone out there running one of the 10.4.9 seeds also own a Sony GPS-CS1?

I'm hoping 10.4.9 will fix the lack of Mac support for this device. It mounts as a removable drive on Core 2 Duo MacBooks running 10.4.8 with a slightly newer kernel than older machines - but won't mount on any older kit. It isn't a hardware issue because it mounts on those same Macs running Linux.

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
Sure they can. They probably won't, but they can.

I think we will see a 10.4.10.

Apple has a tendency to release a final update for the old OS when the new one is released. Considering Leopard release looks to be rather June than February I say the final one will be 10.4.10.

mrthieme

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
It seems to me that iphone and :apple: tv will be heavily tied into Leapord, along with any of the other wishlist hardware that is rumored. (touchscreen tablets) So a release before June makes sense to me.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
They cannot do 10.4.10. :)
Who says? What, just because there has never been a 10.x.10 before? Remember we have never had quite a wait between OSes before, os it is possible. This does not follow a decimal system of numbering remember.

Apple has a tendency to release a final update for the old OS when the new one is released. Considering Leopard release looks to be rather June than February I say the final one will be 10.4.10.
I agree, maybe even 10.4.11 if it takes to June. I have noticed updates have slowed right down of late, so maybe not.
It seems to me that iphone and :apple: tv will be heavily tied into Leapord, along with any of the other wishlist hardware that is rumored. (touchscreen tablets) So a release before June makes sense to me.
Well, I hope that either 10.4.9 or 10.5.0 fixes this annoying bug on the board where so many type Leopard and it appears to post Leapord. :)
Ahhhh... I always cherish this moment. :p
Cherish away. If 10.4.9 comes out next month and Leopard does not, we will surely see a 10.4.10. If it does come out next month, this is it daddio.

bill001

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Fix for iChat?

Does anyone know if 10.4.9 will include a fix for iChat? Since 10.4.7 ichat hasn't worked reliably for squat when doing video chats. Thanks!

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia

I haven't seen anything that indicates Leopard's release is more likely to be in June than February. What makes you think it's one or the other anyway?

When Apple said "spring" for Leopard on the earnings call, I don't think they meant June. They choose their words extremely carefully for those calls, which are for the markets and not for the rumor mill, so they wouldn't say "spring" if they meant "spring or early summer." And they're not going to get into some kind of equinox BS (like posters here have) to justify June to market analysts that will call Leopard late if a street date is not announced before WWDC in June.

I think Apple will have a special event in the near future to announce:
* The Beatles (unless the Super Bowl ad does that),
* a new widescreen iPod (same deal),
* new killer features in Leopard, and
* a street date for Leopard that will be before WWDC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.