Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) 9A559

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 21, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

After seeding Leopard 9A528d just yesterday, Apple has released 9A559 to ADC members tonight. Yesterday's update appears to have been primarily testing Leopard's Software Update mechanism.

The 6.55GB download lists only two known issues for Leopard. The two issues described involve upgrading from Tiger to Leopard on PowerPC systems in certain scenarios, and HP printer drivers.

As mentioned yesterday, Apple will need to finalize Leopard soon in order to meet their October shipping deadline. Apple had originally slated Leopard for earlier this year, but announced in April that it would be delayed until October.

Apple has detailed many of the features of Leopard on their website.

Article Link

2. Retired

psychofreak

I can't wait...I haven't even used a beta, I'm just getting desperate...

3. macrumors 65816

chr1s60

Am I the only one starting to think that Leopard is going to be pushed back again??? I know Apple still has a little bit of time, but I am starting to think it might not be released til November or even early next year.

4. macrumors member

If I remember correctly. Tiger was seeded like 3 times in a week before it went Gold Master. this is 2. Progress?

5. macrumors 603

Rocketman

My only question is if Leopard will run on a clamshell dual display Apple Tablet Not Nano. Full iPhone interface options. Full Leopard capabilities including multi-homing. HD.

Rocketman

6. macrumors 601

stoid

RC1 anyone?

I smell a Gold Master by the end of next week! :D

7. macrumors regular

Kudos to the guy in the last thread who insisted this update was on the way. I'm too lazy to look up your name, but you know who you are! :)

8. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I just want it now. With some of the new features in Leopard I will be able to stop usng Win XP at work which will be a real treat..

9. macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

It may have been a little more than instinct... ;)

10. macrumors 604

CalBoy

Hopefully it's ready by October...the Vista fanboys will start trolling here like crazy if it's not:eek:

I'm sure we'll have Leopard ready by the 23rd...hey, that's Mol Day(yes, I remember Chemistry:p). The only thing I care about is a good .1 or .2 release so I can go buy it around December.

11. macrumors 6502a

zwida

That's a sexxxxy sounding machine. I'll take two.

12. macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

To brag about how their OS was delayed by a decade in comparison?

13. macrumors 65816

Why do you think that? It is common for Apple to release a developer build about a month before the boxed product is released ... with that "last" developer build basically matching what goes in the box. Also sometimes we will get a little burst of builds near they end as the close out show stoppers that are found.

14. macrumors 604

CalBoy

Remember, they are fanboys;) To be fair though, it wasn't a full decade...sure, six or seven years, but not a decade:p

15. macrumors 65816

Likely shouldn't count the last update... it was primarily a test of the software update system. They did this once before with Leopard... release a software update followed a few days later by a much later build.

16. macrumors regular

17. macrumors regular

So, is this new version also available through the updater, or do I nee to download the big-ass DMG?

18. macrumors 6502a

Previous update was incredibly minor, only updated the Dictionary.app.

19. macrumors member

20. macrumors 65816

treblah

OffT: XP was only released 6 years ago…

OnT: Come hell or highwater Leopard will be released in Oct.

Treat 10.5.0 a paid beta if you've never seen how awesome Apple's 10.x.0's are. Now you can't say you weren't warned.

21. macrumors newbie

It's a new build. Go grab it off the Leopard Dev Center website. (And if you don't have access to the Leopard Dev Center, you shouldn't be running it!)

22. macrumors member

theyve got over a month left of time to work out the kinks. nobody said itll ship in october, they just said it will be ready in october. part of me thinks itll be in apple stores in late october though. lets hope! leopard server looks extremely appealing.

23. macrumors 604

CalBoy

Didn't Microsoft begin Vista's development once XP was released? Either way, the point is, Apple won't delay Leopard anymore; it's time has come.

Which is why I plan on buying in December.

24. macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple did say that it was shipping in October

25. macrumors 68000

FJ218700

if PPC upgrade compatibility takes until 10.5.1, that's fine. They really must get Leopard for Intels out by the 31st though.