Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Build 10D548)

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 5, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.6.3 to developers today. The last seed was released on January 22nd. According to reports, the newest version provides a number of enhancements and bug fixes for QuickTime X, 64-bit Logic, printing and OpenGL.

There are said to be "no known issues" with the latest build, possibly indicating that we may be approaching release. 10.6.3 only began seeding to developers in early January but 10.6.2 saw a comparably short time frame from initial seeding to public release.

The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was released on November 9th.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Build 10D548)

2. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I had a feeling it would be seeded today. Roll on the release!

3. macrumors member

Works great, just like the last build. Still no update on the OpenGL 3.0 shader language support

4. macrumors 6502

So is this going to fix my defective $5,000 Mac Pro?

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors regular

I'm a developer (mainly iPhone), but I have not been downloading these OS updates... where do you access the download exactly or do you have to sign-up for eligibility?

I've got a Mac Mini with a broken HDTV connection (I'm told it would have connected from DVI-HDMI in Leopard, but so far no love in SL) and, if I'm eligible, I'd like to give the update a try (yeah, yeah... I know the chances of it magically working after update are about the same as a Snow Leopard's chance in hell :) )

7. macrumors regular

ironman159

I THINK that these updates roll onto Mac OS developers, but you can always try to find it in your iPhone Dev Center page; maybe it appears.

8. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

9. macrumors newbie

You need to purchase an ADC Select account.

10. macrumors 601

t0mat0

Anyone normal length of time this should take to hit the general public?

11. macrumors regular

Thanks for the info!

12. macrumors regular

So much for those reports of Blu-Ray movie playback finally being delivered in 10.6... *annoyed*

Hopefully iTunes will finally go 64-bit?

Maybe Apple should disallow flash on Mac OS X until they make a 64-bit version too? :D j/k

Mac 10.6.2 HDTV HDMI via DisplayPort connectivity is abysmal, in my experience...

13. macrumors 68000

What an annoying comment.

Apple makes computing hardware and software. Macs are just one product line. Who says that computers need to fit a certain design/form factor?

All of their stuff, aside from their traditional iPods, run a variant of OS X. So why the negativity about Apple not supporting their Macs?

I know, it was sarcasm, but really... why bother?

14. macrumors 68040

Short answer: no

Longer answer: the time between the last developer build and the publicly released version varies. However, Apple never indicates that any given developer build is a release candidate, thus it is impossible to know if there will be subsequent developer builds. Thus, you won't know untill Apple releases the official software.

15. macrumors G3

Kilamite

One more build after this and we'll have our R.C. Public release ~20th Feb I guess ;)

16. macrumors 68040

It is unlikely that Apple would release a 64-bit version of iTunes in a maintenance OS release. That sort of feature upgrade would be included in an update of the application (iTunes), not the OS since historically Apple releases separate versions of iTunes.

Also, it is improbable that Apple would release Blu-ray support in a minor maintenance release, seeing as there is no Apple hardware that has Blu-ray players and the fact that Steve Jobs continues to refer to Blu-ray licensing as a "big bag of pain."

17. macrumors regular

3.0 is overdue, finalized in July 11, 2008.
    3.1 Released May 28, 2009
    3.2 August 3, 2009 and updated December 7, 2009

Come on Apple, 3.x should have shipped in 10.6, IMHO.

18. Guest

"No known issues" with 10.6.2 ????

What about the 'error -36' one regularly gets while copying files/folders from Mac on to a USB drive?
    It's not just me. Google it and you'll see many more are affected by this. Tried almost everything suggested. 'error -36' still shows up!
    The only way around is: Copy files one-by-one. Coz once you drag-n-drop an entire folder, the error -36 pops up!
    I hope Apple fixes this. It's an irritating bug!

19. macrumors regular

Any experience with full DVI? I have a late 2008 Mini with DVI... and about $100 in cables... every variant known to man. I even tried DVI-VGA>VGA-HDMI (my HDTV has no VGA port).

20. macrumors 6502

miknos

21. macrumors 6502a

Good news. Hopefully it's next week, rather than two months from now!

I'm looking forward to the enhancements of Quicktime X the most.

22. macrumors 65816

ARF900

What problem are you having with expose, other than from Chrome users I havent heard of any issues with Expose.

Im not having any problems with 10.6.2 so really this is just another excuse for me to keep ignoring software update.

23. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It's "no known issues" with the latest developer build of 10.6.3 :)

24. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

It was just a joke...why are you taking it personally? haha.

And it was in reference to how Apple news has been focusing on iPads/iPhones more than notebooks/desktops (the Macs). I never said anything about not supporting Macs.

25. macrumors 6502

Didn't Apple revise the MacBook not too far back? :p