Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple appears to be making steady progress on Leopard and provided ADC Developers with a new seed today.

The newest seed (9A499) reportedly has introduced a number of new bugs, but subjective reports indicate it feels much faster.

This is the first Leopard update released to developers since the WWDC build was finally seeded earlier this month.

Apple publicly demoed Leopard at WWDC in June and is expected to released Mac OS X Leopard in October of this year.

Article Link

totolad

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2006
I can't wait any longer! I hope it is going to be wiorth the wait, does anyone think that there are going to be any features that have not been shown?

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
I can't wait any longer! I hope it is going to be wiorth the wait, does anyone think that there are going to be any features that have not been shown?

The things I'm hoping for is more iPhone interaction (remote control, wireless syncing) and that they didn't remove the iChat feature to share screens and control others computers. I would dearly love that cause a few of my friends ask me to troubleshoot their computers and I hate having to be super descriptive for them to get it, i can just manually do it for them through iChat and not have to mess with more complex VNC programs.

bazzler

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2005

Nothing major - maybe some enhancements to existing apps / features that havent been mentioned. I reckon leopard is being made stable and then some spit and polish will be applied.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
The things I'm hoping for is more iPhone interaction (remote control, wireless syncing) and that they didn't remove the iChat feature to share screens and control others computers. I would dearly love that cause a few of my friends ask me to troubleshoot their computers and I hate having to be super descriptive for them to get it, i can just manually do it for them through iChat and not have to mess with more complex VNC programs.

it's in there. just not in ichat anymore.

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
9a466 stil had iChat screen sharing, at least its button was still in the bottom of the iChat contact list.

luke_s

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2003
yeah, every new patch of something apple makes makes os x snappier, mine is so snappy it acts before i do :D

kddpop

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
9a466 stil had iChat screen sharing, at least its button was still in the bottom of the iChat contact list.

i just checked the demo of the leopard ichat and there is no mention of the desktop sharing. and, if my recollection is correct, this feature was not mentioned at the big reveal of all the features of leopard. may not bode well for that feature.

Siouxsie

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2007
Uppsala, Sweden
Nice of them to increase the number of bugs in every new release ;p

Nah, I'm happy to see signs of development, indicating the release is closing in =) I'll get my first mac (MacBook Pro 2.2) in a week or so, I love Mac, but I've never even bought a computer for myself earlier. I've just used my folks' PCs. The current one in my bedroom is a 333MHz Dell XPS ;) That'll indicate it's age.

I'm really excited, both about the MBP and soon Leopard (I'll probably buy an iPod with Leopard, if it's up to 6G by then.)

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
i just checked the demo of the leopard ichat and there is no mention of the desktop sharing. and, if my recollection is correct, this feature was not mentioned at the big reveal of all the features of leopard. may not bode well for that feature.

watch the demo of the finder... as the presenter selects shared computers from the side bar there's a button to "share screen"

rickster2k

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007
Southampton, UK
essentially two months to go - should not be too long now until it goes Gold Master - wonder if the recent iLife rumor means that the two are coming together.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
From what i've read over at ThinkSecret earlier, while it's faster, it's less stable, with more bugs.

:rolleyes:

Looking good :eek:

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
i just checked the demo of the leopard ichat and there is no mention of the desktop sharing.

Image of iChat from January

On the bottom of the iChat contact list is a row of four buttons. I am most curious about the one on the far right, is that iChat Theater or Screen Sharing?

Edit: It just dawned on me that WWDC was in June, not January, so that's an out of date picture of iChat. Regardless, that button is still in iChat in 9a466.

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2007
woah woah woah people lets not get ahead of ourselves....

we have to wait for iphone version 2 before we can get leopard.:rolleyes::cool:

jakebot

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Could you expand on that a little? It was a promised feature early on, maybe a year ago, but it seems to have disappeared from the Leopard Tour site at Apple.

Apple has a disclaimer that says that some features may not be included in the final version. Steve doesnt "promise" any of the new features. It would be kind weird to hear him say "I promise there will be a new finder in leopard"

ortuno2k

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2005
Hollywood, FL
Glad to see they're working on it.
Even though I can't wait, I will probably wait 'till 10.5.2 or .3
Or maybe I won't be able to wait! Way to go Apple :)

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
woah woah woah people lets not get ahead of ourselves....

we have to wait for iphone version 2 before we can get leopard.:rolleyes::cool:

I don't think "iPhone 2" will come out this year. I don't really want it to. Apple needs to focus on their Macs. PLEASE, GIVE US THOSE SHINY NEW IMACS! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.