Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra 10.12.3 update to developers, one week after seeding the first 10.12.3 beta and a week after releasing macOS Sierra 10.12.2, the second update to the macOS Sierra operating system.

The second macOS Sierra 10.12.3 is available for download through the Apple Developer Center or through the software update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

macOS-10.12.3-Beta-800x500.jpg

According to Apple's release notes, the 10.12.3 update "improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac." No specific changes, bug fixes, or feature additions were discovered in the first beta, but we'll update this post should any new features be found in the second beta.

Oftentimes, with bug fixes, it's difficult to tell just what's included until Apple supplies detailed release notes with a release. The previous update, macOS 10.12.2, introduced several important bug fixes to resolve battery life issues, fix graphics problems, and more.

Available since September, macOS Sierra is the latest Mac operating system. It includes Siri support, Apple Pay for the web, Universal Clipboard, Apple Watch auto unlocking, improved iCloud Drive integration, Picture-in-Picture multitasking, and dozens of smaller features that can be found in our macOS Sierra roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.3 to Developers

aj8690

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Columbus, OH, USA
Hopefully Apple engineers are hard at work fixing the Notes sync issues with 10.12.2, alongside their commitment to updating emoji's. I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'm still having issues with certain notes not syncing with this latest build...quite annoying.

Reactions: jwm

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Ooh - if they could publish the list of fixes
(except those fixes that remained as they didn't fix those fixes that will stay because these weren't acknowledged or remained from earlier fixes from bugs that were acknowledged )

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
What was the size of the update and does it bring any new driver files for video or chipset. Where is the macrummors sleuth.

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
Is it too much to ask for specifics on bugs fixed in software updates? People shouldn't be having to ask "Does this fix _________ on my _______?". The release notes should cite specific issues.

This vague "improves the stability, compatibility, and security" Apple puts on every update really doesn't cut it.
  • HOW does it improve security?
  • WHAT is changed to help compatibility?
  • WHERE was stability improved?
It's like I'm back in elementary school English class.

Voenix Rising

macrumors member
May 1, 2013
Is it too much to ask for specifics on bugs fixed in software updates? People shouldn't be having to ask "Does this fix _________ on my _______?". The release notes should cite specific issues.

This vague "improves the stability, compatibility, and security" Apple puts on every update really doesn't cut it.

Now, now...you don't need to know what's in these updates. Remember, Apple's target demographic are 12 year old girls whose bedrooms are filled with unicorns and rainbows and can't be bothered to know HOW or WHY things work. As long as there's more useless crap available to text to their friends, that's all that matters to Tim & Co. /s (maybe)

Last edited:

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Tim Cook is ruining the Mac.

I doubt Tim even uses a Mac anymore. He's a top drawer 'Activist' these days and is always on the move to have a coveted presence, and of course a snapshot taken, with the movers & shakers of the World.

I would guess he just uses a current iPad and, of course, his Apple Watch.

wood_e

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2003
Emojis?? Uhh how about they fix the kerberos bug which locks out Active Directory accounts in enterprise!

ChazSch

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I am still having some sort of freezing conflict. we just had the power supply and mother board replaced and today, again, I froze with only the mouse working. Started after El Capi update...grrr

Reactions: lodolfo

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013

I suspect it's because they just want you to blindly update.

It also might be because there are only 3 people who still work on MacOS. ;)

Jul 4, 2015
Paris

Oh I'd love to see your reaction to Windows 10 updates haha.

Reactions: GatorGhost

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Today's Apple technical writers must be sweating repeating this trope over and over again, ``According to Apple's release notes, the 10.12.3 update "improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac."

forerunnerg34

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2015
Ecuador
Never ending story, they will release the next macOS and never fix the annoying Safari bug that as soon as you open the app it won´t recognize your history while you type in the address bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.