Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Not appearing for me...

I'm on the OSX Beta Seed program...

Someone help?

Thanks
13D61 was released as part of the Developer program, which is different from the Beta Seed (public) program.

----------

I wonder why the public beta is still at D45a. I would have thought that they would have continued to pump stuff out to the public beta at this point. Could it be that all these developer beta's (including this one) is because of something they found in the public beta?

I have no insight on this, so this is more of just a curiosity since I doubt Apple is telling anyone anything.

This is standard practice across OS vendors. There's an internal beta program which always gets the most current builds, then the Developer (or TechNet) program (which is usually 1-2 builds behind), and then (if offered) a public beta (consumer preview) which is the most recent "stable" beta. Also, the internal betas usually have some additional reporting mechanisms not present in either the developer or public previews.

Nuvi

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2008
Nothing for non-devs who joined the OS X Beta program...again?? :-(

Apple runs several different beta programs for OS X. Public beta and Developer beta are not the only programs. All of theses beta programs have slightly different goals and resources from participant profile, participant quantity and Apple engineering standpoint and therefore they might not be running the same seed. However, it's worth mentioning that running the "latest and greatest" might not always be the best option from average consumers productivity standpoint especially due to resources allocated to public seed.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Don't know if this is a placebo affect, but since installing the newest build i've noticed a slight performance increase. Apps also don't bounce as long before opening, particularly Safari - but that could be the new build of Safari.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
If many more bug reports come in from developers it might actually delay the public release of 10.9.3.

I have been suffering with a problem that started 3 seeds ago. Currently running iTunes 11.1.6b5. If I try to download TV episodes or movies I get network resets with an error -3253 reported by iTunes. I have a bug report thread going with Apple. There is a web proxy tool called "Charles". If I have it running then I get no network resets. 13D61 did not fix it.

The same thing happens on my MacBook Air running the same seed but has minimal third-party extensions.

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
wifi issues?

Has this fixed the annoying wifi issue where it drops out ?
I have been trying to download Mountain Lion from the App Store but that too drops the connection every 10 minutes.And I am not sure why it is downloading at a snail's pace when it does have the connection.Other apps download in a jiffy.Wonder if it is intentional...

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
I decided not to renew my developer account a couple of weeks ago. Yet the developer seed I have installed before still seems to work and allows me to download the most recent developer previews.

I write this on Safari 7.0.4 and I'm running the most recent version of the the OS X DP that is 13D61 right now.

So far, everything looks perfect, I have nothing to report as a bug and I'm not complaining about the fact that I should not be getting this DP since I no longer pay for the developer account.;)

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
It is because you still have the developer's mavericks seed configuration utility installed.

It won't give you access to 10.10 developer previews when they are released though.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Memory management seems to have a 10-15% improvement. Utilizing a few programs, I test performance levels after each update. There is a noticeable difference running the same app's on a day-to-day basis on my Mac Pro6,1 8-Core w/ 16GB RAM. Roughly 45-55% of my RAM is used on a general basis, compared to ~30-40% now.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Don't worry about it. I got build 13D61 and it seems more buggy than build 13D45a. So you are not missing much (unless you like bugs).

I think they will have to fix the bugs before they release it to the public.

And I think it is going to have a higher build number than the 13D62 they gave to AppleCare employees.

RobFog

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
Any hint as to what bugs those would be?

Edit: it seems kind of unlikely Apple would risk more bugs being introduced in such a late stage of development and so close to an apparent release.

Last edited:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Well I'm getting more wifi dropouts than before, and others have said there some other new funny bugs too.

Hopefully apple can fix this stuff before public release.

But if some of the bugs get through to the public release, maybe they will fix it in 10.9.4.

In any case, if you still have 10.9.2 maybe it would be wise to wait a few days before updating to 10.9.3 when it is released to see here and elsewhere what problems ensue with 10.9.3. Or of it is bad, just wait for 10.9.4.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Well I'm getting more wifi dropouts than before, and others have said there some other new funny bugs too.

But if some of the bugs get through to the public release, maybe they will fix it in 10.9.4.

In any case, if you still have 10.9.2 maybe it would be wise to wait a few days before updating to 10.9.3 when it is released to see here and elsewhere what problems ensue with 10.9.3. Or of it is bad, just wait for 10.9.4.

No issues here at all with the Wi-Fi on the '12 rMBP.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Mine is an 11" 2011 mba so maybe my bug is not reproducible on a newer mac with better wifi.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Memory management seems to have a 10-15% improvement. Utilizing a few programs, I test performance levels after each update. There is a noticeable difference running the same app's on a day-to-day basis on my Mac Pro6,1 8-Core w/ 16GB RAM. Roughly 45-55% of my RAM is used on a general basis, compared to ~30-40% now.

Do you mean that you are seeing a t 10-15% improvement from 10.9.2?

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
I decided not to renew my developer account a couple of weeks ago. Yet the developer seed I have installed before still seems to work and allows me to download the most recent developer previews.

I write this on Safari 7.0.4 and I'm running the most recent version of the the OS X DP that is 13D61 right now.

So far, everything looks perfect, I have nothing to report as a bug and I'm not complaining about the fact that I should not be getting this DP since I no longer pay for the developer account.;)

That's because the original installer that switched release branches just ran a command line with a new URL for the beta update catalog, when I signed up for the open beta I was curious and dug into it to find out how it worked. :p

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

Getting Wifi dropouts here too. Extremely frustrating. I can be sat right next to the router and the wifi will disconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.