Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
We are just getting too many toggles these days.

But I second the motion of a low battery mode toggle
[doublepost=1453756913][/doublepost]Do we really need the airplane mode toggle??

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Interesting that they added the option with the apps along the bottom row rather the OS controls on the top row where it would seem to fit in more (similar to DND, for example).

i kept looking on top trying to see a difference until u pointed it out lol

[doublepost=1453756913][/doublepost]Do we really need the airplane mode toggle??

as my iPhone 6 does not switch from Edge to 3G on its own lots of times. yep

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Nice!

Now that the CC bottom row icons are not the same size as the dock, they can even the top and bottom padding.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Give me a low battery mode toggle, Apple. Or better yet, automatically turn it off when I'm plugged in.
I'm pretty sure it does turn off automatically when it is plugged in. I think I've seen a system message appear on my phone saying it is turning it off because the battery has reached a certain level.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm pretty sure it does turn off automatically when it is plugged in. I think I've seen a system message appear on my phone saying it is turning it off because the battery has reached a certain level.
It turns off automatically when battery power reaches 80%.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
The first person who tests this, please let us know if this fixes the Apple Pencil scrolling issue.

No, it is not fixed.
Give me a low battery mode toggle, Apple. Or better yet, automatically turn it off when I'm plugged in.

It does turn off automatically once it reaches 80%.

Yes, it's a quick way to disable the radio when you're in a bad area since constantly searching for towers will drain the battery fast.

Reactions: XTheLancerX

Cam Johnson

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
UT
I've noticed my battery draining a lot faster since installing 9.3, also.
I didn't really see any posts about this when the beta was released so I thought I was imagining things. Granted I didn't go searching for others with battery life draining. Glad to know I'm not alone.
I'd much rather beta test and have crappy battery life, than not beta test at all! :p

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
I don't like the new icon. Bring back the bedside lamp!

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-14.11.32.png

ios-9.3-night-shift.jpg

Probably someone at Apple thought, users would be confused, because an actual bedside lamp doesn't filter blue light. So that's why we can't have nice things. :(

Last edited:

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I am guessing this will only come up OTA if you have the developer profile installed, not just the initial beta. Public OTA should be available tomorrow most likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.