Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

os_x_yosemite_round_icon.jpg
Apple today seeded the second beta of OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite to developers, two weeks after releasing the first OS X 10.10.3 beta and three weeks after releasing OS X 10.10.2 to the public.

The new beta, build 14D87h, is available for registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Dev Center.

OS X 10.10.3 brings several new features to Yosemite, including the new Photos for OS X app. Photos is designed to serve as a replacement for both iPhoto and Aperture, and is on track to see an early 2015 launch. Early reviews have suggested that while Photos is a suitable replacement for iPhoto, with more advanced tools and performance optimizations, it may leave professional users disappointed, at least in its initial incarnation.

The first beta of OS X 10.10.3 also brought a new emoji picker that consolidates emoji into a single page with clear labels, and support for Google 2-step verification when setting up accounts in System Preferences.

Update: Today's 10.10.3 update introduces new diversified emoji options and new skin tone modifiers for emoji, as hinted at in the previous 10.10.3 beta. There are also new country flags and updated emoji for the iPhone, iMac, and Apple Watch.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite Beta to Developers

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I am guessing late March release with new Photos app? Is there any other info available on release date?

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway
It's been a while Apple has seeded betas exceeding 1GB, of course the last one did but before that. Glad to see it, gives me more expectations for the update. :cool:

dyrer

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Greece
It's sad for all aperture users that apple decided to leave to die aperture. :(
One of the best programs form dies for an like iOS Photos program

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I would think a simple mention would be sufficient. These seem to be canned posts with the seed and release versions changed.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
So they are just giving up on fixing wifi now? Im praying that MS finally fixes the awful trackpads on PC laptops with Windows 10 so I can finally switch and not have to worry about broken OSX releases.

kunia

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2010
We at Apple just don't give a ***** about anyone who can you use more than 5 brain cells at a time, and we're on track to dumbify every single piece of hardware/software in the near future. Soon we will achieve our goal: All hardware to receive on/off button only (it will still look cool) and all software to be supplied only with open/exit command (we'll do the rest for you automatically). Don't worry, our dumb Apple users, the future is stupid-proof and quite friendly.
Thank you,
Smarter-than-you Apple team.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
Final touches on Photo app for release at March event alongside new Thunderbolt 5K display?

akac

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2003
Colorado
So they are just giving up on fixing wifi now? Im praying that MS finally fixes the awful trackpads on PC laptops with Windows 10 so I can finally switch and not have to worry about broken OSX releases.

Just get ready for patch tuesday then :)

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto

Wait, you're only using a Mac for its superior trackpad? :confused:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Just a couple of hours ago I replace Discoverd with mDNSResponder, still had WIFI issues, after I loaded them with launchctl it seems to have solved those issues.
No disconnect from WIFI, no turning off and on needed.

Common Apple, it's been almost half a year and still many people struggle with WIFI.

*mDNSResponder taken from OS X 10.9.1

Why DNS in OS X 10.10 is broken, and what you can do to fix it

Last edited:

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Here's hoping to a fix on the corrupt Time Machine bug. There's a huge thread about it on the Apple Support forum :confused:

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003

Riiiiiight... because everyone knows the best way to rid your life of shoddy software releases is to join up with Team Microsoft.

Best of luck with that. :rolleyes:

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway
Not this professional user, I'll stick to Lightroom and Photoshop thanks :)

I'll do the same but I still appreciate the better photo manager that Photos bring, makes it easier to keep good control over all your photos across all your Apple computers, phones and tablets. But Photos was still not worth the execution of Aperture.

But it looks like Apple is in good talks with Adobe when they even tell their Aperture users how to transfer everything over to Lightroom. Who knows, maybe they will launch a new Pro app for OS X 10.11.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.