Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

watchos2.jpg
Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 2.2 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the first watchOS 2.2 beta and more than a month after releasing watchOS 2.1, the first major update to the watchOS 2 operating system that runs on the Apple Watch.

The second watchOS 2.2 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on an iPhone running the iOS 9.3 beta by going to General --> Software update. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the Apple Watch charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone.

watchOS 2.2, along with iOS 9.3, introduces support for pairing multiple Apple Watches with a single iPhone. Both updates are required, with each watch running watchOS 2.2 and each iPhone running iOS 9.3.

There are were no other obvious outward-facing changes introduced in the first watchOS 2.2 beta aside from an update to the Maps app, but the update undoubtedly includes under-the-hood performance updates and bug fixes to address issues that have been discovered since the release of watchOS 2.1.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second WatchOS 2.2 Beta to Developers

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
While it will get in the way of my developerizing, I think I'll pass on this one. The last few have been remarkably stable, so I'm very nervous that the run's inevitable end is nigh.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
So guys, a 2 OS's and some patches - is the watch still as fast as when you got it? I'm waiting for gen 2, just curious if the watch is getting better with software?

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Why bother posting if you don't care about or own an Apple Watch? Stop wasting everyones time.
I wasn't aware owning or liking the :apple:Watch was a prerequisite for rendering an opinion about it. Some don't like it. Their opinion is no less valid than those who do.

Nothing will also increase your low quality of posting it seems
That post was no more or less quality than your witty rejoinder.;)

Jeez, thanks for the enlightenment.
We now know someone finds the :apple:Watch less than desirable. That actually is enlightening.

Reactions: macs4nw

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Any improvements on the performance of watchOS?

I wasn't aware owning or liking the :apple:Watch was a prerequisite for rendering an opinion about it. Some don't like it. Their opinion is no less valid than those who do.

This article nor anyone asked for opinions on AppleWatch. This article is for current AppleWatch owners who want to know about the watchOS 2.2.

Since the post had absolutely nothing to do with watchOS nor its betas, it was in fact a waste of time for whom the article is for.

longterm

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2007
Nothing will make this gimmick worthy of buying.

... and nothing will make your comment worthy of the 3 seconds it took to dismiss it.
[doublepost=1453758379][/doublepost]

This article nor anyone asked for opinions on AppleWatch. This article is for current AppleWatch owners who want to know about the watchOS 2.2.

Since the post had absolutely nothing to do with watchOS nor its betas, it was in fact a waste of time for whom the article is for.

And now we hear from the Tortured English division.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place

Human beings have an amazing capacity to ignore stuff. Afaik there's no requirement that every post has to have a response to it. Besides, there's not a single thread ever posted on the internet that doesn't have someone hijacking the post with their own narrative. More to the point, we are reading/posting in an internet forum. Pretty much the definition of wasting time.

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
I wish they'd make the upgrade process for watchOS go by faster. I understand it's different with the update having to go over Bluetooth rather than work on-device like iOS, but I usually just leave it to do its thing overnight and wait till morning to try out the new features

gruversm

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
I'm getting the same error message "Unable to Check for Update" not connected to Internet as others. Any fix?

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
No connected to Internet error can be fixed by un pairing and re pairing the watch. Happened to me on last beta update. This time went fine however.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Reapply the beta profile which will prompt you to reboot and then it works just fine. The error wasn't about the internet though, it was unable to check for update.

sirghost

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
Same error saying I'm not connected yet Siri on the watch works.

Removing and reading the profiles did nothing to change this.

Also tried unpairing and repairing with no luck.

Thoughts guys?

Does not matter if I start fresh or from backup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.