Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScooterComputer

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2011
Notes are probably more likely in general to potentially contain more sensitive information as far as plenty of people likely storing some financial numbers in them or some identity related information or some username/password information (as bad as that is). I guess they have to start somewhere.
Said in the Time of the Dick Pic and Full Frontal Selfie.

Really, the Photo Library protected Album should have come first, no excuse. Almost inexplicable for Apple to continue to ignore the sexting trend like a bunch of prudish ninnies.
[doublepost=1455230458][/doublepost]
I'm seeing much better Bluetooth functionality with my vehicle.
This is also good to hear. Would be nice to have, FINALLY, an iOS release where Apple gets their Bluetooth act together and working "correctly". (I put "correctly" in quotes because I've filed too many bugs against BT and gotten "works as intended", only to have them change "intended" in next major version to something DIFFERENT, not always for the better.)

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Said in the Time of the Dick Pic and Full Frontal Selfie.

Really, the Photo Library protected Album should have come first, no excuse. Almost inexplicable for Apple to continue to ignore the sexting trend like a bunch of prudish ninnies.
[doublepost=1455230458][/doublepost]
This is also good to hear. Would be nice to have, FINALLY, an iOS release where Apple gets their Bluetooth act together and working "correctly". (I put "correctly" in quotes because I've filed too many bugs against BT and gotten "works as intended", only to have them change "intended" in next major version to something DIFFERENT, not always for the better.)
I'm guessing that perhaps Apple first/most interested in offering a way to secure important ("serious") information, and not necessarily as much about ("fun") stuff like naughty photos that someone might take.

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
Don't you lose a lot of things tho?

Not if you back up everything to iCloud, only things I lost were my apps which were easy to download using the purchased tab in App Store and my messages which didn't really bother me as they're all backed up to my Mac anyway

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Don't you lose a lot of things tho?
No,

Just set it up as new.
Turn on icloud keychain.
Download all the apps you purchased before on the appstore.
Turn on icloud photolibrary.
Download all the songs from itunes you purchased and want on local storage.
Set up your email accounts.

It doesn' t take a lot of time.
Iphone 6s works like a charm now.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
Is anyone using this on an iPad Air 2 and noticing this latest build having four finger swipe issues?

I go between apps and when I do the screen goes black for a moment upon completion of my four finger swipe left or right. Going back to the home screen on the four finger gesture is not an issue though. I've sent feedback to Apple, but wondered if anyone else on here face that issue. I didn't have a problem with the last build.

KAMOGimbo

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2016
NYC
Not if you back up everything to iCloud, only things I lost were my apps which were easy to download using the purchased tab in App Store and my messages which didn't really bother me as they're all backed up to my Mac anyway

Thank you, I appreciate it...
[doublepost=1455286372][/doublepost]
No,

Just set it up as new.
Turn on icloud keychain.
Download all the apps you purchased before on the appstore.
Turn on icloud photolibrary.
Download all the songs from itunes you purchased and want on local storage.
Set up your email accounts.

It doesn' t take a lot of time.
Iphone 6s works like a charm now.

Okay, cool... I have some time today so I will do so... Appreciate you, have a great day.

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
Just installed 9.3 beta. runs alot better than 9.2.1 :)! Control center lag seemed to be disapered now. iphone 6 plus here :) there are some bugs though. but great overall

lombax54

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2012
So I tap my writing / sketching tool into a text box. Or up and down a webpage. What, besides moving the cursor, or scrolling, does Apple think I'm doing? Nothing. They know the user's intent and they know how to handle it, but they refuse to because they know better? Arrogant and user-hostile to the point of stupidity.

If you watched the launch video for it, Ive says that the best input for a touchscreen is still the finger and Apple Pencil is not being sold to replace that, but to be used for things like drawing and sketching. If you want a stylus, buy a stylus.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
If you watched the launch video for it, Ive says that the best input for a touchscreen is still the finger and Apple Pencil is not being sold to replace that, but to be used for things like drawing and sketching. If you want a stylus, buy a stylus.

Stylus or Pencil, when I'm in split screen, writing on one side, scrolling in a pdf, it's really annoying to have the pencil in my fingers and then I need to grip it differently to get a finger to scroll.
This is something I do a lot and it's so disruptive for my workflow I've returned to 9.2.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.