Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
This should go away as it gets warmer now on the East Coast.

Seriously though, I think it may be related to memory and some of the apps. While Apple claims 4GB is enough, when too many apps are open and depending on what task is running it hangs.
Typical "not responding" for me is Excel and Word, sometimes pdfPenPro and Adobe Reader DC (not the best btw)
This is running El Cap on a 2008 MBP with 8 GB (recognized 6GB)
It has absolutely nothing to do with RAM. It's a GPU driver issue.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Beta 3 now showing up for me in the Mac App Store here in California!

akwarner

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
My beta partition is now hosed with this latest beta. All sorts of things have gone haywire. Will be restoring to beta 2 and may have to sit this one out.

A.

UPDATE: I restored to beta 2 and then installed the update to beta 3 again. It went without issue this time. All seems to be working as expected. Not sure what happened the first time.

Beta 3 now showing up for me in the Mac App Store here in California!

Last edited:

beebarb

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
Okay, just installed beta 3.
The only anomaly so far, the App Store isn't acknowledging I installed the update under "Updates Installed in the Last 30 Days".

Beyond that, nothing really of note so far.

zzLZHzz

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Just the time writing this post, Mac OS X freezes AGAIN. Completely. I can only use Atom at this time and trying to use any other app will cause infinite beachball. This is probably the third time I have encountered in a single day.

i only glad that I actually never encounter beachball since el capitan. sometime must be playing bad.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Oops. Beta 3 (15F28b) broke QuickLook for me. Removed any third party plugins, deleted preferences, cleared QL cache to no avail. Even ran disk permissions repair through terminal. Also breaks previews in column mode. Affects every user :/

EDIT: Text works, but images and sound causes beach balling.

Last edited:

slyfox102

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
South Carolina
So where is the beta update? It's been hours and its still not showing up in the Mac App Store.

All I ever hear on MacRumors are complaints complaints and more complaints. I have a 2009 21.5 iMac and I have no trouble downloading updates. I went to MacRumors to see what was suppose to be new and all I read was more complaints. Maybe you have a PC and don't realize the update is not for you...:)

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
All I ever hear on MacRumors are complaints complaints and more complaints. I have a 2009 21.5 iMac and I have no trouble downloading updates. I went to MacRumors to see what was suppose to be new and all I read was more complaints. Maybe you have a PC and don't realize the update is not for you...:)

Wow, really? You're quoting me a month later and also didn't bother to look a few posts above you for the update to my month old query, which too was also posted almost a month ago. Seriously?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.