Apple Sends Invites for 'Let Us Loop You In' Media Event on March 21

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today sent out invites for a media event that will be held on Monday, March 21 at the company's Town Hall auditorium located on its 1 Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino, California, reports BuzzFeed. As with most Apple media events, it will kick off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Several products are expected to be showcased at the event, including the new 9.7-inch iPad, the 4-inch iPhone SE, and new Apple Watch bands. There's also a possibility that some Mac refreshes could be announced as the time is right for updates, but there have been no rumors confirming that is the case.

[​IMG]

Headlining the event will be the 4-inch iPhone SE and a new 9.7-inch iPad. Rumors suggest the iPhone SE will look nearly identical to the iPhone 5s, but it will include new internal hardware that brings it in line with newer Apple devices. It is rumored to have an A9 chip, an improved camera, and NFC support for use with apple pay.

The new 9.7-inch iPad has been referred to as the ipad air 3, but recent rumors have suggested it may instead be branded as an iPad Pro. The device is said to include many iPad Pro features, like a four-speaker design, a Smart Connector for connecting accessories, and display improvements for Apple Pencil support. It may also be the first iPad to feature a rear LED flash.

Apple also plans to introduce new Apple Watch bands at the event. Existing bands will likely be available in new colors and there may be new product lines, such as a rumored nylon band and a Space Black Milanese Loop.

Apple will be live streaming the event on its website and through the Apple TV. MacRumors will also provide live coverage of the event, both here on our website and through the MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Sends Invites for 'Let Us Loop You In' Media Event on March 21

2. simbo123 macrumors member

3. JonneyGee macrumors 6502

JonneyGee

The four iPhone colors are in the image. That should squash any rumors about bright pink or other colors on the SE.

I also take the "loop you in" tagline to mean we'll have a new Milanese Loop watch band.

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I'm not sure if there is anything from this event (a first time) that I'm interested in, maybe the AW bands but that's about it.

5. JohnApples macrumors 6502a

Cue over-analysis of the invite!

"iPhone with built in wristband loop CONFIRMED!"

6. Frizers macrumors member

So are there usually leaks of new MacBooks before refreshes? As there haven't been leaks (that I know of) is it very unlikely that there will be macbook refreshes (based on previous trends)?

7. DoctorTech macrumors regular

Looking forward to the new 9.7" iPad but I am REALLY hoping (but not counting on) a new 13" rMBP

8. jmcrutch macrumors regular

so the new iPhone SE will have the old iPod Touch loop. Yay! :/

9. DotCom2 macrumors 68020

10. carfreak12321 macrumors regular

carfreak12321

Really hoping for updates to the MacBook form factor. But seems unlikely and I think wwdc would probably be the more likely place to announce a MacBook Pro refresh

11. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I feel near on the same for this one, i'll watch it of course but its not as gripping

12. bgraham macrumors member

Finally! They're clearly bringing the loop back on the iPod touch!

/s

13. 0815 macrumors 68000

Obvious hidden message: new loops for iPhone and iPads (like the ones the iPod Touch has)

14. billy the fish Suspended

Bring on 200 Lame responses about deciphering every pixel on the invite... Oooh. . What could it mean.....

Sod that. .

My body is ready.. TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

15. killawat macrumors 65816

16. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

17. Populus macrumors regular

Populus

Do you think the SE will have 2GB of RAM?

If it's only 1GB of RAM, that 5S at half the price will be pretty interesting.

18. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

Probably a reference to new Apple Watch bands, especially the Space Black Milanese Loop.

19. NickD73 macrumors member

NickD73

The 4in iPhone better have the same body design as the newer iPhones. It also better have 3D Touch, and every other premium feature. If it doesn't have all these things, mark it up as another Flapple (Apple flop).

20. b1wils1 macrumors regular

b1wils1

21. Avieshek, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

Avieshek macrumors regular

Avieshek

22. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

sarcasm?

23. JohnApples macrumors 6502a

As far as the Watch goes, I'm predicting new bands as well, along with a permanent $50-$100 price drop. Also new watch faces, although that's more of a hope than a prediction...

24. Awfisch macrumors member

Awfisch

Will it be streamed? On keynote days, our whole office orders food in and watches together.