APPLE SERVICE PROVIDER scratched my POWERMAC G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KX5, Apr 3, 2007.

1. KX5 macrumors newbie

I think the subject line makes it clear.So after the service provider scratched my PMac G5 case I called up Applecare and spoke to a customer service rep and basically all she said was we're sorry. Well I do appreciate her saying sorry but I would like to know from the rest of you who might have faced this problem......what did you'll do to get it fixed and did Apple do anything to fix it in the end? How did you'll tell Apple that you'll would like it fixed....did Apple compensate you in any way or take care of the problem? Please let me know as any and all advice would be greatly appreciated at this point.
    Thank you for your time.
    KX5

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What do you want from them?
    (and can you describe the scratch)

3. BigPrince macrumors 68020

What do you mean what do you want from them?

He wants the case in the same condition they received or better.

If sent something in I would demand it in the same condition back. You don't take your car to get fixed at a mechanic and get it back in dirty condition...

If this was on the screen, I would absolutely flip ****. This is ridiculous, but hard to prove. I hope you can get it replaced.

Its not a big deal to some, and for a Mac Pro case I'd probably file a complaint on file but live with it. If it was a notebook it would be unacceptable.

Give Apple Care a chance to do something. Be Polite but firm.

4. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Are the scrathes really visible from a distance? Or are they well hidden?

5. tibbon macrumors member

Seriously? I wouldn' worry about it. Maybe i have a different perspective on this, but unless it's preventing me from doing my business, then I could care less. I'm not one of those looking to buy/sell my macs every 3 months, and resale value isn't an issue for me (who care, just tax depreciate it anyways!).

I know you're bummed about it, but it's a desktop. It goes in your computer room, in an equipment rack, or under your desk. You never see it. No biggie.

6. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Lets try and see some pics of this. I recieved my computer back from the ASP and it had quite a few little scratches on it that I know i didnt have on it before I sent it in... but I figure they have screwed it up so badly...they better just replace the whole thing...

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If a service provider scratched your computer, it would be the service provide that would need to be contacted, not Apple. The people that did the damage are responsible not the people who made it.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Generally I try to take photos of the section of the car they will be working on, and quick pics of the outside and inside when I take any vehicle in for warranty work.

Basically these photos are useful for insurance purposed if timestamped, and I have found very useful when the dealer screws up warranty work.

The dealers do not like it when you pull a camera out of your pocket and say, should I show you the pictures I took 30 minute before you got the car.

Sad part is I've used them several times for body and interior repairs. :(

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Then go ask for it.

10. KX5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Asked for it

I did ask for them to fix it but Apple customer rep basically just said a sorry and left it at that. I'm thinking it's as simple as ....If I go into an Apple store and scratch a Mac Pro on the side - and If an employee at the store notices that I've scratched it I'm sure he/she is not going to be happy about it. I'm sure they might even say something depending on whether the scratch I've made has affected the resale value of the computer or not. Now like most of you'll I've taken good care of my machine - no scratches on its body uptil now - and that too not due to my fault. So I just wanted to know has anyone dealt with this case? Did Apple get your case fixed? Did Apple pay you the amount required to get the case fixed? Or give you anything as compensation. Im not looking for a freebie from Apple but I would like them to take responsibility and do something about this. Thats why Im asking for peoples experiences on dealing with an issue like this - what you'll said to Apple to get it fixed etc etc. Once again everybody,
    Thank you for your time.
    KX5