Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A day before Thanksgiving is celebrated in the United States, Apple this morning shared a new Christmas-themed ad for 2015, starring artists Stevie Wonder and Andra Day. The 90-second ad centers on Wonder performing his 1967 holiday classic "Someday At Christmas" with family members.

The iconic artist uses a handful of Apple products and apps -- like a MacBook and GarageBand -- to perform his heartfelt song "Someday at Christmas" alongside Day and presumably some younger members of his family. Day can be seen wearing an Apple Watch about one minute into the advertisement.

Article Link: Apple Shares 'Someday At Christmas' Ad With Stevie Wonder and Andra Day

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Haven't seen the ad yet, but hopefully this demonstrates some of the accessibility features that Apple appear to work hard on incorporating into their products; given one of the stars of the ad - it would seem like a good opportunity…

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
Nice that the Accessibility features get some spotlight. I know some people who rely heavily on them. Unsung features of Macs and iOS devices - they are so important for those that need them.

Reactions: Goatllama

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009

A day before Thanksgiving is celebrated in the United States, Apple this morning shared a new Christmas-themed ad for 2015, featuring a handful of Apple products and starring artists Stevie Wonder and Andra Daye. The 90-second ad centers on Stevie Wonder and his family preparing for the upcoming holiday season with the help of a few Apple devices.
The artist uses a handful of Apple products and applications -- like a MacBook and GarageBand -- to put together the holiday-themed song "Someday at Christmas" along with Andra Daye and some younger members of his family. Of course, a handful of other Apple devices, including the Apple Watch, can be spotted in the ad.

How many times can you use the phrase "handful of Apple Products" in two paragraphs?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So I'm guessing this isn't for TV or they'll create a 30 second spot for TV?

DavidMalcolm

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2015
It's a Christmas themed song, not a holiday themed song. I get the desire to want to be inclusive with happy holidays and stuff. Which I don't have a problem with. But holiday songs are stuff like Frosty the Snow Man, and Dashing Through the Snow. A song about hope tied to Christmas, where Christmas appears in the lyrics over and over again. That's not a holiday themed song.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Wow. Hilarious. The writers here have no editors and are generally inept at the art of writing. Pretty funny.

What happened to arn?

We do have editors. It is unfortunate that our writing isn't up to your standards, but I think we do an acceptable job overall. I hope you will consider that we are attempting to deliver news in a timely manner. I encourage you and other readers to provide feedback at tips@macrumors.com about any of our editorial coverage.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
It's a Christmas themed song, not a holiday themed song. I get the desire to want to be inclusive with happy holidays and stuff. Which I don't have a problem with. But holiday songs are stuff like Frosty the Snow Man, and Dashing Through the Snow. A song about hope tied to Christmas, where Christmas appears in the lyrics over and over again. That's not a holiday themed song.
Given that Christmas is a holiday, I would say that "Christmas songs" are actually a subset of "Holiday songs."

Last edited:

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

Have some more Egg Nog, Kris. :eek:

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
An Apple Ad? With a song about CHRISTMAS? What the actual f***? I didn't think it was still possible in 2015 without someone crying political correctness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.