Apple shares fall 4 pct after analyst cuts rating

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 4, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

This was bound to happen eventually - I say better now than later to avoid a sharper drop in the stock price sometime in the future. Personally, I don't think Apple (AAPL) shares are a good buy right now, like the analyst says.

3. macrumors 6502a

I think there are alot of people taking some profits right now. . . I do expect, however, that the stock with inflate again around the 1Q earnings report (depending of course on how well the Holiday season selling is going).

If you're up ~200%, why wouldn't you sell?!

4. macrumors 68040

shamino

Of course take profits now!

You don't have to sell it all, of course. I sold 50% of my Apple shares when the price was up 100% from when I bought it. This effectively takes my principal out of the market, and everything left is profit, no matter what happens to the price.

5. macrumors 65816

asif786

I think Apple stock is extremely delicate at the moment - It'll be an anxious christmas for Apple, let's hope they get through it ok .. :)

/asif

6. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    I was in a John Lewis earlier today and the biggest queue at a single product counter was the one surrounding the iPods .... and there was evidence of the well documented Halo Effect with people surrounding the line of Mac computers .... so I think the Christmas for Apple will be sweet.