Apple shares fall 4 pct after analyst cuts rating

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 4, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors G4

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    This was bound to happen eventually - I say better now than later to avoid a sharper drop in the stock price sometime in the future. Personally, I don't think Apple (AAPL) shares are a good buy right now, like the analyst says.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 27, 2003
    I think there are alot of people taking some profits right now. . . I do expect, however, that the stock with inflate again around the 1Q earnings report (depending of course on how well the Holiday season selling is going).

If you're up ~200%, why wouldn't you sell?!
  4. macrumors 68040

Jan 7, 2004
    Purcellville, VA
    Of course take profits now!

You don't have to sell it all, of course. I sold 50% of my Apple shares when the price was up 100% from when I bought it. This effectively takes my principal out of the market, and everything left is profit, no matter what happens to the price.
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2004
    London, UK.
    I think Apple stock is extremely delicate at the moment - It'll be an anxious christmas for Apple, let's hope they get through it ok .. :)

6. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    I was in a John Lewis earlier today and the biggest queue at a single product counter was the one surrounding the iPods .... and there was evidence of the well documented Halo Effect with people surrounding the line of Mac computers .... so I think the Christmas for Apple will be sweet.