Apple ship dates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by puckhead193, Aug 2, 2004.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I ordered my powerbook on sat. I called up because i wanted to make sure they got my order because i need it at the eng of Aug for college. THey gave me the number and whatever. I looked it up. The pb isn't going to ship on or before the 10th. My .mac is shipping on or before the 3rd along with my battery, and ipod 4g and APP the 6th ships MS office student/teacher edtion. Now the dates get fun....Aiprot isn't going to ship before or on 24 the printer.on or before the 17th and isight 24th ( think that's everything)
    I think its funny that I'm going to have the extra battery, .mac etc before i get my powerbook.
    How good is apple with these on or before dates. I hope it will be before cause i leave for college like the 25th... and there shippping it to my house, not to my school. I would like a few days to get it set up and transfer my mp3's (which will be another challange in it self) WHy is the airport taking so long to ship? I saw a big stack at the apple store. I understand the laptop because it custom built but all the other stuff, they should have in stock and should just place it in a big box and ship it to me...
    WHere does it ship from Cali? THat's far from NY where i live.....
    Sorry for my rambling....

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

They usually ship before the expected shipping date is. Usually by quite a few days.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I did, I ordered it from the apple store, but i didn't think it would take so dam long! THey said it should come in a week, week in a half...Not a whole freakin month

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

At the store. An apple retail, B&M, store. Then you would walk out with all your *****.

6. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

Not in my case. All my stuff is being shipped bit by bit, same as puckhead193. All I have is my .mac box. No PB, no extra adapter. In my case, Apple estimated a ship date of 7 business days after my order was processed (never mind an actual delivery date) and that date has already come and gone. I'm not impressed because this machine is for work. I don't know how Apple can convince businesses to switch when it looks like it will take two weeks or more for a single machine to get delivered, and yet basd on the replies to this forum, personal orders often seem to take less than week to show up. Unfortunately, where I live, there is no Apple Store and no reseller with any stock, so walking out of a brick and mortar store with computer in hand is not an option.