Apple Shipping Times

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MizBehavin, Jul 28, 2004.

1. MizBehavin macrumors newbie

Ordered a G5 and 23" cinema display 6/12. Shipping date has been changed 3 times, once to upgrade to new aluminum display. Today was newest date to ship; heard nothing; no one at customer care knows anything. What's going on? I've order a lot of stuff from Apple Store. This is first time something like this happened. Any similiar experiences or advice?

2. Chubby Cox macrumors member

i ordered a 12" powerbook on the 16th. its already been pushed back twice and still hasn't shipped.

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

apple has a bad habit of announcing products before they have sufficient (or any) supplies to meat demand...

because of that, especially with the dual 2.5 and 30" displays right now, you can expect a lot of delay because they are so popular...

i'm not quite sure why the date has to keep being pushed back... i can understand why they might once or twice, but three times??

don't worry; in the end it'll all be worth it, :p
    reality

4. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

Significant delay in iBooks?

Seems timely that several Apple shipping time threads have popped up. I ordered two computers - one BTO 17" PB and a standard 12" iBook - on July 23 through my workplace for institutional/research use. As of today, July 28, the PB is not expected to ship until August 2, 2004, which is not too bad, but the iBook is surprisingly not expected to ship until August 23!

Institutional orders might be different from personal purchases, but does a one month delay seem a bit much for an item that seems pretty standard? Maybe a lot of iBook orders have been placed in anticipation of school starting in a month for a lot of people. Might be a signal to get those iBook orders in now if you plan to get it in time.