Apple shipping

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by speedclipse, Mar 18, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2003
    Hey everyone, I just purchased a 12'' PB and noticed that on Fedex's website, my shipment has gone to two different places in Taiwan, to Alaska, and then back to another airport in Taiwan. Anyone have any clue as to whats going on there?? Its got me baffled! BTW I live in Maryland.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Poor thing got too cold in Alaska and ran back.:D

But seriously folks, I do recall another thread a while back where there was a particular reason for the "ship to" Alaska trip...but I can't answer for the return flight.
  3. macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Re: Apple shipping

Times reported on Fedex's website are the local times where the scan happened. Since Taiwan is several hours ahead of the US, what you describe is very possible since the tracking system sorts by the local time and not Greenwich time.

Enjpoy your system when it arrives.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2003
  5. macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2003
    Re: Apple shipping

When I got my iBook I saw the same thing. It arrived on time. I think it's just the time zones and Fed Ex's scanning system.
  6. macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    hmm like everyone else I had the same concerns that my iBook accidnetaly went back to Taiwan in November but it arrived before most other people so I was happy.
  7. macrumors 65816

Nov 1, 2002
    there was really bad weather (high winds) in Alaska the other day... no planes could land or take off. but i doubt that was what you experienced.