Apple sighting in eWeek

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AlphaTech, May 22, 2002.

1. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I just started flipping through this weeks eWeek rag and what did I find on the inside cover spread (across both pages)?? An Apple ad with a TiBook in the middle and different comments on both sides of it. Comments from professors, the press and such.

The title reads "Sends other UNIC boxes to /dev/null."

I am glad that Apple has placed an ad in such a periodical, and on the inside cover spread. It will get major exposure within the industry, since many techs (and computer professionals) get this for free (I have been getting it for free for several years now).

I hope that Apple places ads also within Unix/Linux periodicals, to get even greated exposure.

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Good to here of more ads! Apple should advertise in PC world and put the PC ads to shame.

3. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I wonder how many other OSX ads we will see in print. Has anyone spotted tv ads for OS X yet??? Considering how nasty winblows heXPee's ads were, Apple can't do any worse. :D

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn...I thought I was the only person who get this free weekly...he he he...:D

yup....I saw the ad...very....very well done Apple!! ;)

I'd have to believe that we're going to start seeing more ads...such as this...to generate more popularity...they would have to at this point..

how the hell else are they really going to get into the hearts of companies...esp. with the XServe?:p

5. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

was reading the yahoo internet living magazine n was looking at an ipod add n there was a list of artists on the itunes list on the ibook it was displaying n actually one of the songs that was on the list was a song by a band thats from here :D on the list, i was so happy lol...since they arent that well known anymore, n that bands tour was sponsored by M$ 2 years back (actually M$ was incharge of communications stuff or something)