Apple signs $375K contract with California school district

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Dec 16, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    The Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education in California approved a contract last week with Apple to provide an Internet site where students can work on homework assignments from a home or library computer, reports the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. The article states that the board unanimously approved the US$375,206 contract for an "Electronic Backpack/Universal Locker" program.,1413,203%7E24398%7E1051820,00.html

interesting, and looks like apple is not completely igonoring the education field.....not that I think they are because they are doing several things for education right now, like those ibook labs I posted awhile back, but some of the moves theyve made have been questionable.
  2. macrumors 68000

Nov 22, 2001
  3. macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2001
    Clovis, CA USA
    Sounds Great!

I live in Clovis CA, near Fresno and we need something like this, the last time we had macs was during the 5xxx PowerMac/Performa Age and we are just now gettin rid of those. And I was informed 2 weeks ago that macs where not longer allowed on school networks which is soo dumb, we are bought out by Microsoft :(
  4. macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Hopefully this will plant the seed for more contracts!