Apple Site Design Tweak

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iH8Quark, Jul 18, 2002.

1. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Anybody notice the Apple site is a little different now? The top navigation has been crisped up, and it's not colorful anymore. Just white.

Pretty cool. :D

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

not bad, the switch color, green, is a little nasty, but OSX is crazy.

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I have to admit, I was shocked when I first saw the Jaguar box. But, it grew on me after a while.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

the box didn't effect me as much as the website - apple's always had these nice subdued pastely colors, clean and polished, and now we've let the animals in....

OH! http://www.mammals.org

could there be a relationship? could there be other mammal names coming out for apple software? lion, gorilla, le tigre?

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I still say the box and cd both look like some sort of retro 70s fetish object. :D

About the animals, we already had Puma, etc.
    I like the animal names a lot better than those by MS. "Whistler??" Wtf is that about? It could be the nickname of a major serial killer. :D

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I like it now, it was yuck at first and now I wanna buy a leopard skin leotard and chant 'apple rocks!' ;)

the buttons need colours, white looks funny

7. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

Joke to go along with layout

What does a leopard say to the hooker after sex?

Keep the tip!!!

8. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

I think the Jaguar graphics look good and stand out on the white site. It's eye-catching enough to get anybody's attention.

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Joke to go along with layout

That's supposed to be leper ya twit.. :eek: :p :D

The leapard pattern is only on the 10.2 part of the site. I like the way it has been cleaned up. More professional then fruity. :eek: :D

10. Macette macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Joke to go along with layout

Twit is a word which just isn't used often enough, IMO.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: Joke to go along with layout

Keep reading these threads and other words will come to mind.... ******* is one that just keeps popping up... Denis Leary's song comes to mind too often of late... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

12. iGav macrumors G3

Re: Apple Site Design Tweak

I think it's cool...... clean, crisp and minimal......... it'd be cool to see Apple actually integrating this look more heavily into OSX........ get rid of the liney stuff..... and go with the Ice'd glass look.........

13. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

OS/2

Didn't IBM try adding a cool name to its fledgling os product. Warp, they called it, OS/2 Warp. I hope Apple isn't falling into that sinkhole with Jaguar.

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: OS/2

With the changes going on at Apple all the time - I don't think we're going to have to worry about them getting stuck in the mud. Its nice now, but I have to agree, it will get a little old eventually.

There's something not quite right about fur being associated with a computer. Ha, that would be a great image, the new G4 Pro machine in a Jaguar fur coat.

D

15. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: OS/2

Some of us wouldn't mind a little p*ssy with the computer. :eek: :eek: :D

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: OS/2

now you're going in the gutter here...I wonder if we'll think the new G4 tower is sexy.....I'm really curious about the new design

17. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

You're surprised that I made a trip to the gutter??? :D

It will be interesting to see what Apple does for the next tower case design. My vote, go with aluminum and drop the plastics. :D Something akin to what Cooler Master has to offer. I have the ATC110 case for my game pc, and it is a nice one (far better then any other pc case I have seen/had).

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

eh, they're ok, but not all that special. Apple will need to make something that will stand up and say - I'm an Apple! Those don't have that feel. Its sort of one of those things that you'll know it when you see it, but hard to say what it is before being presented with it.

19. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The animal print caught me off guard, but I think it's really cool that Apple did that. Apple has always been innovative, but their colors and designs have always been rather conservitive in nature. The .2 "color scheme" is a cool kick in the ass that makes Apple appear a bit less pretintious <sp?> and a bit more fun. :)

Lethal

20. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I did say akin to them... I know Apple will make them stand out... which they should. Something to yell out "I'm a Mac, ya twit!" :D

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, that the word of the week? I have to agree with Macette (I think she said it) that it wasn't used enough lately.

Sort of a good description for all the whiners.....

22. machagheid macrumors newbie

jagwar

I insincerely hope that this is fake-fur!

23. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i think its fake fur so dont worry ;), photoshop fur to be exact ;) lol

i dont mind the look of the osx section, more colorful than the rest of the sections tho

i doubt apple will fall in that hole ibm did, m$ has names of cities for builds, right now whistler then blackcomb then longhorn...all 3 of those towns are within 20 min of each other (in canada) and 3 hr drive or so from the m$ hq...coincidence? lmao