Apple Site redesign...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by dantec, May 18, 2002.

1. dantec macrumors 6502a

A couple days ago, some news was posted on the web about Apple doing a new site redesign. Although it came from spymac.com, whose history is shaky, I was looking @ the apple.co.jp site today and noticed something very interesting...

Go to www.apple.co.jp and click on the "hot news" button. Then you will see iPhoto like buttons for each headline. Also pay a visit to www.apple.co.jp/support/ , there they have a very very different support page, and it's not one of the redesigns available on the U.S. apple site.

Hum... Interesting...;)

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

3. mr.w macrumors regular

www.apple.co.jp/support/

i like it... simple and elegant. The apple site is due for a revision

4. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i dont think the support page is an update - rather i think that it is too hard to create japanese menus - like on the english site...

just a thought...

5. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

Anyone else think that the Apple Store page needs a re-design besides me? It is SO hard to find things, unless it's a new system, like, the catagories just don't fit, for instance, try to find a graphics card, where would you look? I think it's ok, but the previous one I thought was better.

6. awulf macrumors 6502

The text on the Japanese site makes me dizzy (because my computer can't display the characters proprerly.

The support site (US) was once better, like when you wanted to download something it was easy just to look through the alphabetic index of software (I wish apple would bring that back) and also looking for computer discriptions isn't as easy as it was.

7. kevinibook macrumors member

The apple support page (US) (redesign 5). Link http://www.info.apple.com/new/site5/ looks almost exactly like the Japenese support page.

8. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everyone should take a look at www.apple.ru. At the bottom of the page you have an interesting toolbar, plus some interesting site features (pricing, older models etc.)

9. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

How many different apple sites are there? I just went and started putting two letter country names in and got a few, but there are even more. Kind of wild, actually, but most of them look the same as the main site.

11. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

If your looking for sites go to www.apple.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will there find a menu which you can choose from.

Interestingly enough, some apple sites are part of the apple site like the swiss one:

www.apple.com/chfr/

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's so cool, thanks for the link.

Hey, and if you want to buy a G4 Cube, go to the apple Iceland store....

http://www.apple.is/velbunadur/

now who'd a thought that was still for sale...

13. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

sorry... you can't actually buy the cube there... the info for the cube is the only left on this site... drat i really want a cube (but really... how much would shipping be?)

14. kevinibook macrumors member

The Cube will probably return when there is an increase in I.T spending and spending by people for computers.

15. boymerang macrumors member

the cube, along with it's famous cousin the Rubic's Cube, is destined only for trivia-show fodder.

apple will not re-release it. the market slapped it's hand once already.

16. skippee macrumors newbie

If you're really looking for a cube... I saw two of them for sale, brand new still in the box at CompUSA in Novi, Michigan...

17. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also, when I got 10.1. way back in September (I think, around then anyway), this Swiss Apple dealer had 4 cubes. All the 450mhz though...

18. mr.w macrumors regular

if you really want a cube goto ebay... you could probably pick up a fixer upper and then buy one of those super cool new powerlogix 1ghz upgrade cards...

19. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

The cubes I was talking about were brand new. Although one of eBay would be quite nice.

20. jasonpaul75 macrumors member

Any idea when Harry will appear...

Wasn't Harry Knowles due for the Apple treatment??

Attached Files:

21. kevinibook macrumors member

cube

There are still cubes available (in Manor store in switzerland) there is an order placed by store for new cubes :confused: .

22. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

apple site

The US Apple site has been changing by bits and pieces, also moving towards a more chrome look.

23. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Re: cube

Where?

24. kevinibook macrumors member

I didn't see them on display (Chavannes Manor) but there was a form indicating all available macs at present in their store/ storehouse. And some had various dates next to them when availabel). There was still flower power imac, and older imacs but there was on the sheet a G4 Cube 450 Mhz, 128 ram, CD RW. The sheet was lying around so.. i was curious:) It was on top of the Athena computers :p

25. dantec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Athena... just strikes shivers onto anyone back. 'nuff said'

Besides, no one would want a 'display' cube which has been on display for about half a year, now in storage... 'nuff said