Apple Software Coupon?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rapmastac1, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Ok, so I got a new MacBook, and I am curious, in that little box, with the restore DVD's, there is a sheet, and it has four "Software Coupon"s. What are these, on all four of em it says "iLife '06 + Mac OS X v10.4" What can I use these for? And why are there four of them?

I have a guess, of, that if you get this, and Leapord comes out, and you take one of these babies in, and you get a discount, cuz it is an upgrade, but I'm not sure.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Those little coupons have been slipped into Apple products for what seems like forever. They serve no apparent purpose. I think that there is someone in the Apple packaging department who secretly enjoys knowing that millions of consumers have wondered why they are there.

3. ~ j ~ macrumors member

~ j ~

4. Edot macrumors 6502

They did offer 10.1 upgrade from 10.0 for free with one of these if I recall correctly. Since then, I don't think they have ever used them.

5. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

The software coupons are used to obtain updates and upgrades. the last time I used one was to move from 10.1 to 10.2 I had to mail in the coupon with a form and check, then Apple mailed me the upgrade. It is a bit like proof of purchase.

6. reh macrumors 6502a

You're supposed to tear them apart and use them as shims to level your macbook on uneven surfaces... Or perhaps they're useful as a fire starter in an emergency... Or you could make paper airplanes to fight off boredom... They have lots of uses!

7. ~ j ~ macrumors member

~ j ~

they are roaching material.

macbooks are useful firestarters. :p