Apple Software Coupons

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TyleRomeo, Sep 25, 2002.

1. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

hey i just became a switcher and picked up a new PowerMac. Along with it's elegant packaging i found apple's software proof-of-purchase coupons.

What exactly am i supposed to do with these coupons? When do you use them? I a little confused about this.

tyler

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

keep them...

You use them as proof incase there is an upgrade or something like that, that you are intitled to. You might get cheper pricing on OS 10.3 etc.

A while ago apple offered a free external FireWire CD-R with a new powerBook... people that bought it like a month before they started the promotion got to cash in some cupons for a free CD-R. You may never use them or you might wish you didnt toss them...

What kind of PowerMac did you get? What kind of configuration?

-evildead

3. BongHits macrumors regular

Re: keep them...

i have 3 of these coupons...but am under the impression they are no good for 10.2? so how r they going to be good for 10.3? r these coupons just bogus crap?

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: Re: keep them...

they are just there in case something comes along. Apple has been putting them in with new machines for years. If nothing comes up that they are eligible for, then they aren't worth anything. No big deal cause you didn't lose anything either. its not like you bought the computer to get a discount on software.

5. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Re: keep them...

dual 1.25s, all stock

i'll save the coupons, i just have not heard apple ever mention anything about these coupons in over a year. will apple notify its customers when these coupons can be used for something?

tyler

6. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

yes.... they well...

they will advertise that you can get some upgrade if you show your ticket stub. They are no good for 10.2 becuase your mac CAME with 10.2 did it not?

Nice machine... what kind of work are you going to be doing with that monster?

7. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Re: yes.... they well...

im a film/video guy so im getting my hand dirty in FCP3, the entire adobe lineup, DVDSP so i needed the fastest thing apple has to offer. Now i just need to get acustomed to the machine since im a switcher so i still dont know how things work on OSX but im excited about learning

tyler

8. iGav macrumors G3

Re: Re: yes.... they well...

My first Mac.......

'just happens to be the top of the range mutts nutts dualie 1.25GHz....'

You Lucky boy..... ;) :) :D

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

You can use them for toilet paper if you run out. They're a kind of John Wayne Paper. Rough and Tough and don't take no sh*t off nobody.:rolleyes: :D

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I have used them in the past once to get my monitor computer discount on my B/W G3 and once to upgrade from 10.0 -> 10.1.