Apple Software Dilemma? What should I do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crabbydaddy2, Feb 20, 2007.

1. crabbydaddy2 macrumors member

Jan 18, 2007

I have sort of a dilemma. I went to goodwill recently and found lots....lots of apple software.(prices at end shows what i paid for them)

Final Cut Pro 4 $49.99 (upgrade from FCE) about $85.00 after replacement disk
    Final Cut Pro 3 Academic $39.99(SOLD!)
    Apple Photoshop 7 $39.99 (SOLD!)
    Apple iLife '06 $12.99
    DVD Studio Pro 3 $25.00
    DVD Studio Pro 1 $14.99
    Apple Motion 1.0 $19.99 (SELLING on eBay NOW!)

So....I'm debating what I want to do with the biggie, Final Cut Pro 4. Today I use a Powermac G4 500mhz Dualie....thinking of upgrading to mac mini. What I had to do for Final Cut Pro 4 is send in for a replacement dvd, 30.00. I might like to use it but I was severly considering the Apple Crossgrade Offer. (AND YES APPLE DOES ACCEPT THE REPLACEMENT DISK)If I use that offer I proabably will sell it. I'm not sure which I would make more money on, be selling it just outright or like getting the crossgrade offer for 200.00. Most people on eBay who buy Final Cut Pro 4's proabably just for the crossgrade but I'm not sure what I should do. I would love to try to use the program for I'm proabaly going 2 be getting a mac mini (already have ACD) and I really just do small DV edit movies w/ my small canon dv camera. I think that final cut express would be enough for me but i don't know....i do sell alot on eBay so I know that pretty what should i do....

2. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2003
    If you have a machine that will allow the upgraded FC Studio get the upgrade. It is awesome. You can always sell Studio if you don't need it and make money. You could make enough to buy FCE and then some.
  3. crabbydaddy2 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 18, 2007
    yeah...i really thought about that....but i just am thinking if i would make any more money or something?