Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iProd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
Yes, it's indeed true. After installing iTunes 7 on my PC, alas I saw that there was another new folder called Apple Software Update. Take a look if you haven't seen it yet.

softwareupdate.jpg

iProd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
iTunes doesn't update itself :p And I guess this is an easier way for people to get their QT, iTunes, and iPod updates. I guess I'm ok with it...;)

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
iProd said:
iTunes doesn't update itself :p And I guess this is an easier way for people to get their QT, iTunes, and iPod updates. I guess I'm ok with it...;)
and i didnt mean itunes updated itself i ment the ipod software updates because ive restored 4 ipods already and it downloads the software updates get downloaded when you click update/restore.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I expect that this will make you Windows fans aware of FRONT ROW FOR WINDOWS too when the iTV box launches.

iProd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
netdog said:
When I see screens like this, I wonder how on earth people can find the Vista interface attractive.
Personally, I just like the transparent borders :(

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
iProd said:
Yes, it's indeed true. After installing iTunes 7 on my PC, alas I saw that there was another new folder called Apple Software Update. Take a look if you haven't seen it yet.
Well, duh! The iTunes/QuickTime installer clearly informs you when it installs Apple Software Update.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
iProd said:
Personally, I just like the transparent borders :(
I always loathed the borders on my Windows... windows..

I don't care for wasted space on my screen, and a border around the entire window - every window at that - seems unnecessary.

On the same note, does anyone know if there is any way to remove the scrollbars from a web browser? I'd really like to do this is Shiira, but FF or Safari would be fine, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.