Apple Spftware Update, no update!?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Jul 14, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

hello! I am on my Aunt's iMac computer, we installed system 10.1 on her computer. I went to the software update in the system prefrences pane, and it said i have all the updates! I know this is not true, its running system 10.1 and I want to install 101.5, so the first step is that i have to catch up with all the updates. First i download the file "SecurityUpdate10-19-01.dmg.bin" When it is finaly done (downloading with 56k modem) I unstuff it. Now I open the .dmg file through diskcopy. When the file finaly mounts it is called "Security update 10-19-2001" When I open the mounted "disk" the only file inside is called "SecurityUpdate10-19-01.pkg" I open that and a folder called "contents" is inside, I open that and the folder "resources" is inside, I open that and I get at least 15 different files, none look like an installer. I know a lot of mac stuff but this one stumps me. SORRY abnout the typing, I'm on a 56k and the phone bill gets very expensive very fast (DAMN AOL!) Thank god my aunt's getting Cable Modem soon (not soon enough) Can you guys help!?:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

2. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Don't worry I used 10.1.0 for a long time and I never had a problem just wait for the cable modem.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Apple Spftware Update, no update!?

The .pkg file should run the installer, but for some reason, it looks like the machine isn't recongnizing it and is showing the contents instead.

Is there another update that comes before Security Update 10-19-2001?
    Check the list of software updates here:
    http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin...e=smartSearch&nodes=&dateModified=&geography=

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Thanks a lot Rower_CPU and Spock! Still the problem exists, when she gets the cable modem she'll be set, thanks guys! :D