Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
General Focus Areas
- 802.1X
- AFP
- AirPort
- Automator
- Bluetooth
- Graphics Drivers
- iCal
- iDisk Synching
- Networking
- Spotlight
- Sync Services
- USB

Areas of Change
- Resolved issue with changelogs and iDisk syncing
- Issue with CalDAV and meeting mismatches fixed
- Fixed memory leak issue with CoreData Framework
- Issue with iCal Synchronization and time syncing resolved
- Resolved issue with Image RAW and CEmbeddedTIFFThumbnail
- Fixed issue with SearchKit and Safari history searches
- Issue with AFP Server and TimeMachine syncing fixed
- Issue with HICocoaView and parent window positioning resolved
- HICocoaView Shift-Tab focus issue in NSForm views fixed
- Issue with simultaneous logins and LoginWindow resolved
- Resolved drawing performance issue with multiple HICocoaViews in a single Carbon window
- Fixed issue where Startup Items on Network Home Folder were not being executed in certain situations
- Issue with DictionaryTrainer and Japanese Language Analysis resolved
- Issue with LoginWindow UI and wireless logins fixed
- Issue with messages sent to deallocated NSTreeControllerTreeNode in CD/bindings app fixed
- Fixed issue with SpotlightIndex and index rebuilding
- Formatting issue with USB MSC fixed
- Issue with NFS indexing and File Systems resolved
- Fixed issue where system may not sleep second time in certain situations
- Resolved issue with Spotlight and MDItemCopyAttribute
- Fixed issue with DHCP Client and 802.1X integration
- Fixed authentication issue with CFNetwork HTTPAuthentication and ISA 2006 proxy servers
- Resolved issue with Sync Services Preferences Sync and automatic syncing
- Issue with CoreAudio and network MIDI drivers fixed
- Fixed problem where iCal sync may fail when moving events to different calendars
- Issue with DisplayPort->DVI/VGA adapters resolved
- Problem with Garbage Collection and NSImage fixed

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Good. 10.5.7 has it's share of issues.

But I won't use it for long. 10.6 was blazing on my Mac and still is. I can't wait to use it full time.

turkay

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Istanbul
802.1x

I had several issues logging into my college's network via 802.1X. I hope this update fixes it.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Sorry to sound like a complete noob, but does this mean there's another update? ;)

It means that there is going to be another update. ;)
Usually a month or two/three after the first seeds are available at the developer's site.

You know, I wonder if there'll be a Mac OS X 10.5.8 Retail DVD so that the GTX 285 owners, can easily erase and install Leopard after that grfx card is installed.
10.5.6 Retail DVD is part of the "Mac Box Set".

Must admit: probably not, though.

ozyr

macrumors member
May 3, 2009
U.S.
I was wondering when they'd get around to this. Anyone would have know that there would be at least one more 10.5 update.

Nice to seem them fix some bugs in the old OS X before SL (especially since I have only one machine that can run SL - out of 6+ Macs). :cool:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I was wondering when they'd get around to this. Anyone would have know that there would be at least one more 10.5 update.

Nice to seem them fix some bugs in the old OS X before SL. :cool:

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Leopard will get more updates, even after 10.6 has shipped, especially now we are sure that PPC users are left out of Snow Leopard.
So, if some new *must have* technologies are introduced this year (maybe iPhone related stuff, etc.), I do hope Apple keep the Quad G5 owners happy by giving those technologies on Leopard too, not just Snow Leopard.
Of course the occasional bug fix and security issue will be resolved too in Leopard, but usually those updates don't account for a real 10.5.X update.
We'll see.

macpeter

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Leopard will get more updates, even after 10.6 has shipped, especially now we are sure that PPC users are left out of Snow Leopard.
So, if some new *must have* technologies are introduced this year (maybe iPhone related stuff, etc.), I do hope Apple keep the Quad G5 owners happy by giving those technologies on Leopard too, not just Snow Leopard.
Of course the occasional bug fix and security issue will be resolved too in Leopard, but usually those updates don't account for a real 10.5.X update.
We'll see.

yeah i hope they will continue to maintain 10.5 for the people still running with ppc chips ( i have some machines like that ) but it's great to see snow leopard so close to release

will snow leopard have zfs read and write?

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
10.5.7 is the first buggy leopard release since 10.5.2 or so, im having a lot of issues with parental controls. the time limit closes at night, and when i try to log back in in the morning, it will log in, then exit repeatedly

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
will snow leopard have zfs read and write?

All mention of ZFS has been removed from the Snow Leopard Server website, so I'm guessing Apple will continue to bide its time for a filesystem overhaul. Honestly, given how system-critical a filesystem is, I'm glad they're not rushing into things.

kennycheng93

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2008
Snow Leopard

Will the Snow Leopard update be service pack?

Will I need to re-install the entire OS and all software?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

It's a free update to the operating system. Obviously, don't do it while you're on vacation, but it should be just like any other update. It's kind of like a service pack in Windows, if you're just coming from Vista or XP.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009

It's a free update to the operating system. Obviously, don't do it while you're on vacation, but it should be just like any other update. It's kind of like a service pack in Windows, if you're just coming from Vista or XP.

Uh...no. The Snow Leopard "Update" is a new entire operating system. It is not free (unless you purchase a new Mac after its released). Snow Leopard is $29 for current Leopard users.

It is not a service pack. You will need to pop in the DVD that it is on and install it like you did for Leopard, Tiger, Panther, Jaguar, Cheetah or whatever. It can install over Leopard (as in save all your applications/pictures/documents/) or you can select to erase everything and install it.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands

I think he is talking about the Snow Leopard update, which is a new OS.
kennycheng93, this thread is about an update to Leopard.

The 10.5.8 update is just a "regular" update, like a Service Pack.

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
Hmm...upgrade to 10.5.8 or for $29 upgrade to 10.6. I'm gonna spend the $29 bucks. Speed, enhancements, and the latest technology are the benefits.

tabsaid

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2007
So, wheres the blurb about them fixing the DVI resolution with 2nd HDTV monitors. It's the biggest issue with OSX 10.5.7 right now. If they don't fix that alotta people are gonna be pissed. 2TB of media I cannot watch properly. O but they fixed ical.......

Parky

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Hmm...upgrade to 10.5.8 or for $29 upgrade to 10.6. I'm gonna spend the $29 bucks. Speed, enhancements, and the latest technology are the benefits.

You can do both.
10.5.8 will most likely be out before 10.6

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
You can do both.
10.5.8 will most likely be out before 10.6

This might be a dumb question but since SL is gonna be $29, does that mean we will have to buy it online or go to Apple and buy the disk?
If you have to go to Apple how do you prove you already have Leopard?
(yes this will be my first OS upgrade so I have no idea how it works)
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.