Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
here
Well, this is a feature offered in any windows or Linux OS since 1995?

Only possible to rescale or zoom in the browser... With displays offering each day more resolution, Apple should offer something better that resolution scaling, that looks so terrible and blurry.

Amazing this is still like this...

Reactions: Hastings101

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
here
If they need me to give feedback about such a basic feature, I think I would much rather give a second try to bootcamp, or get a larger monitor... or I don't know... But for anyone who makes an investment in a third party 4K monitor, and is lacking this feature, mmm....

no comments.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
here
Apple should be reading this forum 24/7, actually. I bet they do, it would save them some money in the long term, right?

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
If they need me to give feedback about such a basic feature, I think I would much rather give a second try to bootcamp, or get a larger monitor... or I don't know... But for anyone who makes an investment in a third party 4K monitor, and is lacking this feature, mmm....

no comments.

As you wish. What you think of as a basic feature (as a Windows/Linux user with those pre-conceptions) doesn't necessarily translate to OS X as they have different ways of providing the same end result (i.e. Accessibility).

If you don't want to help yourself, then go right ahead and ignore my suggestion. It could be seen as a bit hypocritical to complain about Apple ignoring you if you can't be bothered to use the feedback service they provide.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
here
As you wish. What you think of as a basic feature (as a Windows/Linux user with those pre-conceptions) doesn't necessarily translate to OS X as they have different ways of providing the same end result (i.e. Accessibility).

If you don't want to help yourself, then go right ahead and ignore my suggestion. It could be seen as a bit hypocritical to complain about Apple ignoring you if you can't be bothered to use the feedback service they provide.

big BS; in accesibility you can't change it either. And I´m not gonna spend a single second in the apple feedback website, i did in the past, it is enough.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
this is not a

bug, it's a non existent feature, which should be there since 1995.

you can adjust font size in the finder, in mail, safari... it's an issue for you, but apparently most of us find the available options suffice. complaining about it on this forum accomplishes nothing; file a report with apple, at least you might be heard...

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
big BS; in accesibility you can't change it either. And I´m not gonna spend a single second in the apple feedback website, i did in the past, it is enough.

I never said you'd find it in Accessibility, it was just an example of where Windows/Linux and OS X take different approaches.

I'll add lack of reading comprehension to the list that started with your bad attitude. I'll make sure to avoid your threads in the future.

Good Luck for the future.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
here
Yes, there are many bad solutions for a clear lacking. There is also zoom in all browsers, word, etc, etc, etc, etc... But I guess a system wide font adjusting it's much better. Also if you use several monitors, or if you use your laptop sometimes connected to a monitor and sometimes not, you can not re adjust the settings of 200 apps just for an hour of use with another display. Think about switching from a 4k monitor to a 1080p often...

The lack of this feature is clear, I think it's a basic request, I think it's appropiate to post it here, but specially I think that there are too many people that follow the fanboy attitude as negating clear apple issues in many fronts, instead of recognising them so they become more clear, and therefore would be fixed sooner. This fanboy attitude is actually counter-productiv. But up to you guys and your...

stockholm syndrome

;-)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Yes, there are many bad solutions for a clear lacking. There is also zoom in all browsers, word, etc, etc, etc, etc... But I guess a system wide font adjusting it's much better. Also if you use several monitors, or if you use your laptop sometimes connected to a monitor and sometimes not, you can not re adjust the settings of 200 apps just for an hour of use with another display. Think about switching from a 4k monitor to a 1080p often...

The lack of this feature is clear, I think it's a basic request, I think it's appropiate to post it here, but specially I think that there are too many people that follow the fanboy attitude as negating clear apple issues in many fronts, instead of recognising them so they become more clear, and therefore would be fixed sooner. This fanboy attitude is actually counter-productiv. But up to you guys and your...

stockholm syndrome

;-)

good for you! by posting your rant on macrumors you should soon see an OS update accommodating your needs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.