Apple stock downgraded to average . . .

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dvdh, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dvdh macrumors 6502

dvdh

I guess there is some concern about the likelihood of continued iPod sales growth as well as computer hardware market growth. . .

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/ap/050411/apple_stock.html?.v=1

My favorite part, though, is this:

"Stahlman lowered his rating on Apple to "Average" from "Above Average," adding that rival Microsoft Corp. will soon reveal a new version of Windows that addresses the operating system's major security shortcomings."

Soon? . . . really . . . they might 'reveal' it, but it's not like it will be on the market anytime soon.

:confused:

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The stock was already down with the rest of the market on Warren Buffett being questioned. Caris & Co.? Who? :D

3. ipodmann macrumors member

Time to buy some more aapl. We will see what happens in the next few days with the earnings report.

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

The part about longhorn coming out soon was a complete laugh for me. Clearly this guy is not educated on the matter.

Here's to hoping that Wednesday's financial results will boost the stocks so I can sell. :eek:

5. AppleAce macrumors regular

I bet it's cause Tiger wasn't released on April 1st. :rolleyes: Let's see if we can drive the price up even more, Tiger is coming this Tuesday! Tiger is coming this Tuesday! :D But seriously, that part about M$ having Longhorn ready soon, LOL, right.

6. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

7. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

But Windows ME was good wasnt it? :D

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve