Apple stock price jump.....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by makkystyle, Aug 26, 2004.

1. makkystyle macrumors regular

Anyone have any idea what is going on? In the last week Apple's share price has jumped by roughly 15 percent!!! What kind of info is Wall Street trading on? I haven't seen any big changes or pieces of news in the last couple of weeks that would warrant a huge leap like that. And it has been common knowledge for some time now that the new iMacs were coming out in the next couple of weeks, so that shouldn't affect share price as it was already discounted. Any one want to hazard a guess?

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

A couple of thoughts:

1) The stock took a big hit when Jobs announced the cancer surgery. He is apparently doing fairly well, and the company hasn't fallen apart with him on leave, so investors are more comfortable with Apple's prognosis (just like with Steve's)

2) It's right before the expo, and Apple usually will announce something eye-popping (which we've all been debating ad nauseam, but is interesting to investors)

3) Some cool news today about a deal with Sprint.

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I think it's anticipation of the Paris Expo. People trying to buy in before the good news, but since they're all doing it, it goes up early.

Good thing I bought a huge amount of shares a month ago!

Lee Tom

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

HP finally announcing their version of the iPod is surely helping Apple's stock.

5. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

Exactly, big corporation + iPod = Big news