Apple Stock To Drop in Value?!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macs R Us, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Hello All,
    I have been watching Apple's Stock (AAPL) and from what I have learned in the past with my shares the current price is very high and I think it is topted out about as high as it will go... I know that Apple is doing well but there is always a time for it to go back down. I can Remember when Apple Stock was at $13.58 per Share (comman stock) and with in a few days it dubled as I knew it would... Does anyone else think it might be going bacck down, I have 50 shares andI want to keep my money safe... Any Ideas?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

While Apple's stock is at nearly it's 4 year high, I think that it is primarily because of all of the great products newly announced this year. Some analysts are skeptical and have been downrated Apple stock on the single fact that it's doing so well. The company is rising and seemingly going nowhere but up. I'm by no means market oriented, but if I had stock in Apple, I'd hold it at least through the Christmas season, as it is sure to be a hot time for the stock as Apple will be selling massive amounts of iPods, iMacs and Airport Expresses.

3. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Very Ture but, no one knows for sure... If it was going to go up I would buy more but I'm just not sure... Oh well, it happens it life:).

5. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I'm hoping that the stock holds its value. There's really no reason for it to go down unless

A) Apple messes up somewhere or loses ground in the music biz

B) investers get paranoid, think the stock is inflated, sell, and cause the stock to go down.

Obviously when you worry about a stock going down because it's high, and you sell, you are helping to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

6. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Well thats all true but, Apple can make a mistake (we don't want them to) but it might happen....

7. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

then again, a combo of both could happen. A small mistake by Apple could set off a chain reaction playing on inverstors' fears. The longer the stock is at this price, the more likely it is to stay there and not be as subject to paranoia.

8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

If you're really concerned, sell it. If you're not concerned, hold on to it.

If you can't decide, sell half and keep half. That way you'll only get half as screwed if something goes wrong.

Really, speculation is useless. No matter how well things are going (for any company), it just takes one bad news bit to send it dropping.

9. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Well if Apple started selling Newtons/PDA/TabletMac before x-mas I know the Stock would going problay like a 10 year high... Well thats just my opion as-well as the Newton Fans that pay upto $800.00 for a in box Newton 2100... Well we can all hope.

10. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I just wanted other peoples take on this before I buy more or sell some/all.

11. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I think Apple will probably be around $43 after the holidays and Macworld. I would say that now is a good time to buy. Don't blame me if you lose money though! :D

12. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats a good idea... I shall wait and but 5 to 10 shares as it seems that there are no dubts amug the Mac people (ie: us)

13. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

I still think Apple stock is undervalued. Sure it is trading at a high P/E ratio right now, but this quarter and next should assist in correcting that.

I can remember back when the stock was trading around $12 a share. At that time Apple was worth the same amount as the cash it had on hand, effectively valuing the company and therefore the Mac at $0. Having recently been a switcher, I knew it was a good time to buy up a lot of stock.

14. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I wouldn't recommend buying Apple stock at this point if you're looking to make money. It may have a few more bucks left in it before large investors start taking profits.

I accumulated 625 shares (mostly at $14-$16 although I had like 95 shares from years past). I sold 125 at around $25 and 250 at $36. I now have 250 shares and have plans to sell some more before Apple's 1st quarter results are announced. I think I've done pretty well.

Now my K-Mart stock, that I plan on holding. Bought 200 shares between $30-$40 on tip from my brother.

15. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

I think once it hits 44 or so, people that only invested in Apple because they saw it going up will sell because the stock companies said thats where it would top out at. But I think people loyal to Apple, like its customers, will hold on to their stocks because they know that Apple has some great things instore for us. Can't wait for Christmas and Macworld for some new stuff.

16. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Would you consider selling me some of the stock... If it is prefured Stock I will buy it:)... But I think I would consider buying more... John (Scully( hates people that buy a few shares and think they are able to tell Apple what to do:).

17. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Sell after annual numbers come in .... This was a major year for Apple and with the Xmas coming revenues should be sky high. So I'd say sell before 1st quarter results.

18. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

19. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

Current Apple quote.

I've seen somewhere today that AAPL has been upgraded to BUY (by Briefing.com).

20. howard macrumors 68020

howard

after G5s and the music store and how big the ipod is getting apples stock has only been going up... then the G5 didn't make it to 3ghz and they had trouble getting it out the door, same with the ipod minis, they had trouble filling orders. but there stock didn't go down, just kept going up, and then that deal with the imac. It went down slightly, but now its back on the rise. Right now there is only up. With the christmas season and new notebooks all around. And of course the ipod craze just gettin enormous. Defintely not going down anytime soon.

21. nerd macrumors member

I've made the mistake of investing in companies that I "like", or that have "cool" products. I'd love for Apple stock to go through the roof, but if you look at it objectively it doesn't seem like there's a lot of upside left right now. The stock has gone up a lot lately (pushing the 52 wk high), the P/E is high (around 70), etc.

I wouldn't buy now.

Full Disclosure: I have no idea what I'm talking about and invariably lose money in the stock market.