Apple Stock Trading Above $17!!! Wow!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Shrek, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Last time I checked, Apple Stock hit a high today of $17.07! Way to go, Apple! :D :D :D

Let's hope the stock finishes above $17 by the end of the trading day.

Here is a challenge for you: At this rate, what will Apple's stock be trading at by week's end? Here are your choices:

• Below $15
    • Between $15-$15.99
    • Between $16-$16.99
    • Between $17-$17.99
    • Between $18-$18.99
    • Between $19-$19.99
    • $20 and Above

I'm going to say between $19-$19.99.

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I think by the end of the week it'll be trading under 17 bucks, mostly because there is no real reason for it to be increasing just at the moment other than tis just going along with the market. A bit of profit taking will probably occur in a few days if the market keeps having gains. perhaps if apple's hardware announcements expected in the next few days are much more extensive than we though there will be a reason for it to gain, but i don't expect they will be.

3. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

So are we starting new threads every time Apple's stock gains another dollar?:rolleyes:

It's prob going up because of the imminent update of products...it'll prob unfortunately go back down. :(

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I can remeber when they hit $150 I should have sold my shares at that time:(

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

yeah well, my dad has had stock for a real long time... :mad:
    Apple Offically closed at "
    16.70 0.34 / +2.08% "
    Well were getting there, so many banking places (firms) underate apple's stock so much.
    I predict apple's stock atleast going to $30 in six months.
    And by the end of the week maybe $17 or higher.

6. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

Stock $ increase off rumor updates??

Not quite...

Most likely Apple increased based on the run with the entire tech/computer industry...

7. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Apple stock went up $0.53 today to close at $16.89. With the rumors of new PowerBooks and iBooks on the way, let's hope that the stock price goes way up tomorrow. :D

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Those banking places :) are quite right in many ways. For instance, the price per earnings ratio is really high. Apple keeps a lot of cash to stay out of trouble but rarely has much else to show for its business. To get someone to notice them positively, they need to sell in volume. Perhaps, the recent deals concerning the iPod will do exactly that. :)

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yes yes, my dad has held his apple shares for quite a while now ... investors don't look at the Company as much as they look at profits and where they think the company is going. :(

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Anyone care to wager it sees the 15's before it sees 17s again?

Especially with the possibility that we won't see all the new hardware until 2003. But I'm still with you Shrek in seeing the overall trend going up.

D

11. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

The implied valuation for Apple stock ranges from (Price to Earnings) $8.18 to (Normalized Earnings) $17.09. There are more valuations you can analyze but atleast this can give you a range.

I like to mark a valuation in between this range like, $14.70 (based off Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)) before Christmas.

You mention that Apple won't release new hardware until 2003; therefore, the fact that they won't release hardware until 2003 will depress the stock.

What about the iPod though, especially in this holiday market. Target and Dell selling this product certainly could increase sells revenue. In addition, it is almost like releasing "new hardware" now that we have Target and Dell support. We might see a slight increasing trend in the stock price based off the iPod sells -- probably around/after Christmas.

Hopefully, Apple will start a new iPod add campaign directed to windows users. I see some potential here...

However, during the next couple months I can't take your wager because I agree with you.

12. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Just for the record, Apple stock went up a pretty penny today to close at $16.90.

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, someone should have taken me up on that bet - the stock is up to 7.18 or so right now (11:00 EST) and it seems the news of the new machines upped the price, odd, its mostly been just the opposite before. Maybe because it represents a cheaper price for the machines and more performance.

Oh, well, I'm going to be really interested in seeing what happens in the next day or two.

D :D

14. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Apple stock went up $0.32 today to close at $17.22. The high today was $17.32; the low was $16.70.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The overall pattern has remained intact. Before the release of new hardware, the price goes up, after the release, the price drops...

Its down in the 15s today. I've been watching the stock for some time now, years actually, and this has happened regularly, only once or twice not occuring.

D

16. macmax macrumors regular

17. macmax macrumors regular

Re: Stock $ increase off rumor updates??

true,at this very moment they are at15.76

18. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Well, if you look at the big picture the whole market got hit hard the last three days. It wasn't just Apple that headed downhill, so I'm bettin' it was all the economy, man. However, today is an up day for the economy and the last time I checked, Apple Stock was up $0.66. :) Let's just hope that it keeps going up for awhile; none of this down-day BS.