$ Apple Stock Watch $

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Shrek, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Ok, this will be the official Apple Stock Watch thread. On every trading day, at about 5PM EST (the final numbers come in at 4:30) I will post the results of the day's trading, Apple's closing stock price, Apple-related closing stock prices, and Apple's competitors closing stock prices. The source will come from CNN's Money.com, a pretty reliable source in my opinion.

The daily index results that will posted here will be the Dow, Nasdaq, S&P 500, and the 10 year bond.

Apple's closing stock price will be posted here daily.

Apple-related stock prices posted daily will IBM, Motorola, and Sony. Any other stock suggestions in this category that I should post are welcome.

Apple-competitor stock prices posted daily will be Microsoft, Dell, HP/Compaq, Gateway, and Toshiba. Any other stock suggestions in this category that I should post are welcome.

Additionally, news stories related to the day's trading will be posted here as well.

NOTE: I may not always get the trading day results in right at 5PM EST, but I will try. If anyone else wants to cover for me on days that I can't meet the deadline (which is 6PM EST), that would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I will try and get today's results in at 5PM EST today.

Here is a link to Apple's Stock Price: Click Here

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There is no purpose for this, eventually all it will be is a list of prices that can be looked up. Come on!

D

3. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Well, at least Apple fans can look up all this information from one place.

C'mon dukestreet. Give me a chance to serve my beloved Macrumors.com in some way.

Please don't close this thread. :(

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Sorry Shrek, I have to say this this will be kinda a waste of time, as Duke said, it'll just be a mass of posts with figures then going off topic here and there where people decide to start discussing stock prices, which will then lead to discussing other stock pricies, then the global economy...you see where I'm going ;)

5. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Oh, we haven't even given it a chance yet. :p

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Like I said, it really doesn't serve any purpose, you're not going to do anything except display the daily stock price, no added value here. And if I didn't close it down I'm sure someone else would.

If you really want to have Apple stock price around that much, ask arn to put a link on the front page, like they do at maccentral or another site like that.

D

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, that's why the forums are moderated - to help prevent stupidity from proliferating.

8. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Why do people have to have so much criticism around here, so much negativity? Geez. This is not the first time this has happened. :(

9. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

I'm going to leave somewhere now. I'll be back around to post the day's results at 5. See ya.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

To you, right?

I wonder if there might be a correlation here? I know we've discussed issues before. Just realize that maybe this isn't the best idea for a thread, and move on, ok?

D

11. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

We'll see what arn thinks. Bye.

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Sheesh! Dragging arn into this....

Attached Files:

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hahaha!

Oh, this is quite entertaining. Sure, go ahead. I had actually started to write arn an email about it myself, and came back here to get the link, but I guess you beat me to it.

Thats ok. ;)

Oh, and btw - Happy Birthday! :D

D

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Looks like your post count is up by about 10 just here. You'll be out of the 6502 ranks soon just because of this thread. It's a good idea--yeah, a good idea to elevate your rank. :D

15. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Sorry I'm late! Sorry I'm late! I'm here. So here we go. . .

Be back with the market news. ;)

16. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

First, happy brithday.
    next, i dont think that this thread is such a good idea, cause all its gonna do is shoot your post count up. this is the third thread you've made on this exact subject. the first 2 were pretty good, but i think this one's gonna create some problems.
    i think a better idea would be to just post a direct link to the stock page you're gettin it from(which you did), so that whoever wants to see what apples stock is at can. or, report the price at the end of each week, instead of each day.

17. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Trading Day Results for November 12, 2002

INDEXES

Today the DOW JONES industrial average rose +27.05 (0.32%) points to close at 8386.00. The NASDAQ COMPOSITE rose +30.37 (2.30%) points to close at 1349.56. The S&P 500 rose +6.76 (0.77%) points to close at 882.95. The 10YR BOND rose +3/32 (3.84% YIELD) to close at 101 8/32.

Here is today's market news:

APPLE STOCK

Today shares of Apple stock rose +0.48 (+3.17%) today to close at $15.64. The high today was $16.04 and the low was $15.28.

APPLE-RELATED STOCKS

Today shares of IBM stock rose +$1.86 (+2.41%) to close at $79.41. Shares of Motorola stock rose +$0.37 (+4.42%) to close at 8.75. Shares of Sony stock rose +$0.67 (+1.63%) to close at $41.76.

APPLE COMPETITIORS' STOCKS

Today shares of Microsoft stock rose +$0.65 (+1.21%) to close at $54.51. Shares of Dell stock rose +$0.37 (+1.27%) to close at $29.48. Shares of HP-Compaq rose $0.65 (+4.38%) to close at $15.50. Shares of Gateway rose $0.19 (+5.11%) to close at $3.91.

CONCLUSION:

Today was definitely an up day across the board! ;)

18. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek

Tomorrow I'll be sure to have a template for this so I can get it out faster folks. ;)

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Trading Day Results for November 12, 2002

Ha! I'm really trying not to laugh here, but this is your market analysis? Do you really expect to do this every day?

I'll humor you for a second or two....what is your goal here? What are you trying to do? What are you getting out of this?

there needs to be a 'shaking head' smiley, rolling your eyes just doesn't apply here.

:(

D

20. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I don't see how this serves any purpose other to antagonize the moderators :rolleyes:

As for quoting all of CNN's financial news, was that really necessary?

21. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Re: Trading Day Results for November 12, 2002

Well seeing as this thread is destined to be closed, I though I'd post this smilie for fun.

[​IMG]

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hey shrek, you do realize that people can look up the stock and the entire stock history, and all sorts of data, in one place.... same place you are getting the quotes probably....

or countless other web pages.

"we'll see what arn thinks"

hahahahha... ahhh

23. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Ya....

There are far better ways to track this information than by message board posts. I doubt anyone would actually read it for the information provided, when you can find it in a far more readable form elsewhere.

sorry...
    arn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.