Apple Store 0% Finance Offer Duration?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Moccasin, Nov 28, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I just noticed that the UK Apple Store is advertising 0% finance on purchases above £430. The payment terms are over 10 months.

I recall this offer was advertised last year but was wondering if anyone can remember how long the offer lasted? Presumably it will last long enough for the iMacs to be bought but presumably not right up until Christmas!

EDIT - should have read the Ts & Cs - offer actually lasts until 11th Jan.

2. macrumors regular

It's a good offer

Not sure if its still true, but when i took this offer up a couple of years ago, during the checkout process they offered the 0% 10 month offer, but also a 20 month 4% offer, which is also pretty good

3. macrumors 68020

Kebabselector

It's usually a short term offer, but worth it.

4. macrumors newbie

can someone explain the offer to me, since the apple store in Canada is offering a 6 months finiancing option on a 13' MB pro, is it essentially not paying for 6 months? or montly payments for 6 months?

5. macrumors 68020

Kebabselector

We were talking about the 0% offer in the UK. Not sure what Canada is offering at the moment.

6. macrumors newbie

It depends on the terms offered in Canada but in the UK, it's 10 equal monthly payments.

7. macrumors 6502a

The typical scenario for almost all of these offers is that you are not charged interest if you pay off the bill before the end of the specified period. You do have to make minimum payments each month. If you fail to pay it off completely by the end date then you get charged interest for the entire period.

In the US, and probably in Canada, you would have 6 months to pay off the bill on your MBP. You would not be charged interest. You would have to make at least the minimum credit card payment each of the first 5 months. At the end of 6 months you have to have paid off the bill 100% or else you get charged 6 months of interest.

So, you can make small payments for 5 months but be sure to fully pay it off before the end of 6 months.

8. macrumors regular

Paulg2uk

I took advantage of the 10 months interest free on monday. I have been approved for the loan with Barclays just gotta send my paperwork back and then I get my new MBPR. I'm glad I waited as I was gonna go with the regular finance which is over 24 months and I would of had to pay over £400 in interest over the the 2 years.

Well worth it if you ask me.

9. macrumors 68020

Kebabselector

After looking at the new iMac today I'm tempted to use the 0% finance offer :eek:

10. macrumors newbie

is the finance offer only available online or is it in the actual apple store too?

11. macrumors regular

Paulg2uk

Its only online as far as I'm aware. I remember asking this before and apple said there was no finance available in store. i could be wrong though.