Apple Store and iPods replacement

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, Sep 2, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

This post fits into both buying and hardware help so I decided to just put it here.

Ok in december i bought an iPod. The next day it broke (hard drive) so they gave me a new one. A couple days ago my 2nd iPod broke (heat + burning) so today, i brought it to the apple store so they gave me a new one (3rd generation). When i turned on my 3rd (!!!) today, I noticed that the LCD is messed up (I won't go into detail). I called apple care and they told me to exchange it for a new one. So tomarrow I'm going to go BACK to the apple store AGAIN which is 45min away.

So anyways I was wondering if they could possibly give me store credit because really, I'll be going on my 4th 3g iPod in 8-9 monthes wich i feel is unacceptable. I think I'd buy a mini because they don't scratch up as easily and it will be able to fit my music collection. I don't like the 4gs for some reason and i definatly don't what do deal with the 3gs.

Thanks,

Eric

Update-----------------------
    The reset function (play/pause+menu) does not work. It just emits a low 1 second very annoying beep

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

not sure if the store will give you much of a choice, but you can ask. i also has to ask what and how are you using the iPod so that it broke the second time? failed HD and LCD are not your fault, but i don't understand your bit about heat+burning.

3. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I had it plugged in and eventally got really hot and started to smell like it was burning. I unplugged it and when i took it to the apple store it wouldn't charge.

4. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I doubt they will give you anything besides another 3G iPod. If you get someone really nice, maybe you could convince them to give you a mini, since technically it would be a "downgrade." Plus it costs less than what you paid for your 3G originally.

6. kanker macrumors 6502

7. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I think it is unacceptable. I am defanitly looking for a new model!

8. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile