Apple Store (B&M) Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shadowx, Sep 26, 2006.

1. shadowx macrumors member

Hypothetical Situation:

I walk into an Apple Store with an unopened stock MBP (bought 10 days ago) with a receipt (gift receipt??). I tell the cashier that I received this as a gift and would like to exchange it for Apple Store gift cards -

Would they let me do that?

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Probably as long as it's not opened at all. Why are you asking?

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

most likely they will give you a "store credit" card... I work at a retailer where we have giftcards and then we have "gear credit" where the gear credit is used for returns on items for those folks who want a store credit.

4. shadowx thread starter macrumors member

Well, I was given the gift of buying any notebook computer I wanted... that was back in April of '05...

I decided to wait until the WWDC in June '05 for the infamous Powerbook G5 announcement and instead got the PPC-->Intel bombshell! So, I've been waiting for revision "B" of the Intel notebooks, but my very patient parents have finally given me a deadline. So, the plan is to let them buy me a stock MBP and then return it for store credit / gift cards to use once Apple gets with the program :rolleyes:

So, your next question is probably why don't my parents just give me the money to buy it when I'm ready... that information I can't disclose ;)

Thanks for the replies!