Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
apple store is being updated right now.... I dont know wether i should be excited to see some updates or if I should feel stupid b/c they are reseting the servers. lol

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
wow, i'm so excited. i thought you guys would know by now that this happens every now and then. everytime it gets updated someone makes a thread and its so pointless, but i doubt it will ever end.

iJon

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
I saw this happen once when nothing changed when it came back up.

Computers need to be restarted occasionally.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
yippy said:
I am just curious, about how long does it usualy stary down?

When I saw it do this, I was only waiting like 5 or 10 minutes, but I probably didn't visit right when it went down.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
stoid said:
This happens every once in awhile. During non-peak hours, a.k.a. night time in the US, the site goes down for general maintenance and such. Nothing special. Period. Don't get your hopes up. At all.

Aww man you are such a killjoy. C'mon Rev. D...

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Dang! And I was all about ready to go to bed too... I just thought, "Oh I'll browse the MacRumors forums" real quick... *sigh*... time to watch some Tivo for a bit to kill time until the store comes back online... or I suppose I could just go to sleep and find out that they added a new cable in the morning... :)

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Rob587 said:
Why is it taking so long? The site says within the hour and its been over an hour and 40 mins.

Yeah I wanted to sleep but now I don't! What if I miss something? Lol.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Yeah... all the other stores are up. I'll pretend somebody tripped on a cable and go to bed... then I'll wake up and find out that for 15 minutes in the middle of the night only, you could order a Dual 2.5 for $10. And I'll cry.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
G5 Powerbooks...OMFG!!!111

I could totally go for a yellow 6GB Gen2 iPod mini right about now though....wouldn't mind that one bit.

Keynote 2.0 would be dandy as well.

aplasticspork

macrumors regular
May 27, 2004
Seattle Wa.
oh come on people its been back up for like 2 minutes :p anything change? i cant see anything different of course i haven't looked at the store lately ;)

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
$50 back on iLife/Panther purchase has been there for a while. In another thread it was said that the dev store prices went up a bit but I can't remember what they used to be so I can't confirm that.

Steve was probably just bored at home and decided to create some buzz... :)

numark

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2004
Buffalo, NY
One thing that I noticed that is different is the support pages. Go to the store and click on "Help" on the silver bar at the top. I don't remember the support pages ever looking like that. I could be wrong though; I haven't been to there recently.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It's just nice to have some excitement. It seems that when it occurs in the middle of the night, then its routine maintenance. Hope springs eternal, you never know for sure. Don't think we will see any updates till MacWorld Paris.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.