Apple Store Canada shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by meepm00pmeep, Sep 22, 2006.

1. meepm00pmeep macrumors 6502

meepm00pmeep

Does anybody know if i order from the Apple Store (Canada) is it shipped from within Canada or from the U.S? and if the prices are Canadian will i still have to pay duty tax if it's shipped from the U.S?

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

If you buy from the Apple Canada store, you will be charged the normal GST/PST or HST, regardless of where the goods are actually shipped from (USA/Canada/China)

3. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

The apple store at www.apple.ca are canadian prices, and shipping is free on most things (maybe all, i have ordered a couple times) and they pays everything. You just pay normal 15% sales tax added to every purchase you make. Nothing for duty, nothing for border fees at all. I think stock computers may come from within canada, my CTO macbook came from China, i paid ONLY what the price+tax was, and my Nano came from Toronto i believe again, only the price+tax...

anything else?

4. meepm00pmeep thread starter macrumors 6502

meepm00pmeep

thanks for the input guys! :)

5. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

When I got my ibook and ipod the book came from china via the US and my ipod came straight from cupertino, no duty no issues, shipping was quick and good. Only issue was that Sameday didn't deliver the ipod (said I wasn't home, I still think that they just didn't bother to come to my house) and I had to go down to their warehouse to pick it up.

6. neoserver macrumors 6502

My brand new iMac 24" just came in today from china.