Apple Store Columbia Mall, MD

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Poeticashes, Jul 8, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Anybody heading up there? I will!

2. macrumors newbie

I wasn't sure if i was going to go there or one near me, i am trying to go to one where i will be one of the firsts to get it, cause i have to work on friday lol.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I also have to go into work that day..I don't imagine there will be that much traffic at Columbia. They are only opening one door at 5:00 AM for us to line up outside the Apple Store...I plan on getting there at about 3:00 AM.

4. macrumors member

I'm going to be there waiting at between 5:30 and 6:00

5. macrumors member

What door are they opening at 5:00? I plan on getting to the Columbia Mall around 5:00.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Alright, I believe it is on top of the Pines Garage between Lord and Taylor's and Macy's..I called the store to confirm.

7. macrumors newbie

I'm debating between the ATT store on dobbin rd and the apple store. I'll be at one or the other around 2-3am. Two years ago when I got the 3G the ATT store only had 40 total devices, but it wasn't that crowded.

8. macrumors newbie

Now I might be in Towson that week. Hmm.

9. macrumors member

plazmatyk

if you pre-register on the 15th, you're guaranteed an iPhone though, right? or should i still try to get there at 5am to make sure i get one?

10. macrumors newbie

I'm debating between a few apple stores. Columbia is on my list! Good to know about the door opening time slots. I called the apple store person and he said he didn't know which doors were going to be opened. He said if we camped out near hte mall. Mall security was make sure we would be shoo'd away!

I need to make sure i'm first in line to get one too. I'm down for sleeping in the parking lot in my car too haha. That'd be nicer than staying awake from 12am!:eek: Though I am willing to do it. Though I am concerned about the weather. If i'm in the car now issues. I'm sure.

11. macrumors newbie

Okay I'm definitely going to the ATT store in dobbin now. I didn't pre-order so I'll have arriving around 8PM and checking in every 2 hours to see how many people are there.

I will do what it takes!

12. macrumors newbie

Coolio

guess ill be there at 4

13. macrumors newbie

I'll be there five or earlier!

I'll be there five or earlier if I can muster up the strength! Any definitive answer on which door is opening at 5:00?
    Also, I've tried calling about how many one person can buy. The newest answer I've gotten is 2 per person, and since I'm going with my dad, I'm hoping that means 4 as we're buying for the family... Anybody hear anything different?

See you Thursday!

Edit: When I first read the door opening post, thought it was a thought/unsure, now I see that's the what the Store said... Pines Garage between Lord and Taylor's and Macy's it is.

14. macrumors newbie

u know if i can use my parents credit card to get it i am an authorized user on the account and am 18 and have an ID

15. macrumors member

Not arriving too early....

I was one of those people who, strangely enough and by coincidence, woke up at 4 am eastern time and reserved an iPhone 4 for myself (upgrading from a 3G) and for my wife (has an iPod touch but wants an iPhone now). I plan on getting there around 11 am/12 pm on launch day. Hopefully it won't take too long to pick up my reserved phones.

Did anybody else get an email from Apple just within the past 15 minutes confirming the reserved phone at the Apple Store? Nice to see the confirmation email again....can't wait until Thursday - which also is my youngest daughter's first birthday!

It will be a great day indeed!

16. macrumors newbie

I got the same email... now I'm stuck wondering if those in the "reserved" line will be able to buy additional iPhones, as new AT&T customers were only allowed to reserve one device. I'll be calling soon.

17. macrumors newbie

OK - I finally got through to an employee via phone, and unfortunately I got the confused variety. She said that you can get 2 iPhones per person present(including minors/non-buyers, i.e. everyone in your group) and that she didn't know if any mall doors would be opening at all before 7am.
    Finally, I asked her about the aforementioned email. Specifically I asked if we could buy more in addition to our reservation, as new ATT customers could only reserve one. She answered, confusedly, that you can't buy more than you reserved. I'm fairly certain she is wrong on this part, but can anyone confirm/deny?

18. macrumors newbie

I'll be getting there before 5 AM.

19. macrumors newbie

Do you think there will be a lot of people there for pre-orders early? I pre-ordered one for my wife and one for me. I was planing on getting there around 4am in hopes that I won't be there long. I have to get to work in the morning unfortunately. Any thoughts on the lines? Was anyone at Columbia for the 3Gs launch?

20. macrumors regular

When iPhone 3G launched, Columbia Mall security started letting people line up outside the mall around 5:00. People who arrived much earlier were sent away. I haven't been able to confirm this to be the same for this go-round even though I called Mall Security and the Apple Store (both parties were unwilling or unable to confirm the actual time).

I was able to confirm that the line will be permitted to move inside the mall to the area in front of the Apple Store at 6:00.

I'm planning on arriving around 4:45.

21. macrumors newbie

see yall there im the goofy looking asian with glasses

22. macrumors newbie

I'm the goofy looking white guy without glasses...LOL!

I'm actually from California but I am in Hanover, MD this week on business. I chose the Columbia Apple Store because it is closest to my hotel. I have a beautiful 32 GB iPhone 4 pre-ordered there. On Thursday night, I fly to Riyadh and want to make sure I have my new toy before getting on my plane!

Andrew

23. macrumors member

4:45

I have one reserved but I have to get to work at 8 and don't want to deal with traffic and waiting after 4pm, so i will be there around 4:45 so i can get it done and over with. Also, I was here for the iPad opening and they let us in 2 hours ahead of time, here's hopin they do it now! Door location is correct, second floor parking garage entrance next to Apple store.
    I'll be the goofy lookin black dude with an ipad.

24. macrumors regular

CodeSpyder

I'll be there around 6 am or so. I've pre-ordered. I hope that the lines are as long at they were for the iPad about that time, but I think maybe they will be longer.

25. macrumors newbie

@CodeSpyder
    About how long were they for the iPad launch? That would be a good gauge for this time, just with a little bit more people.