apple store desktop background?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by slipper, Sep 29, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

heres a screen shot of the apple store background, is this a new feature for tiger?

[​IMG]

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

That looks like one of the demo apps that runs on the Macs in the stores. Thats definitely not Tiger as it has a different looking menu bar with more of a glass look. Could it be a new feature in Tiger? Well, anything is possible.

3. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

No, this is not Tiger...It's a special Apple store app. You can get it at home if you want, I've seen it and use to have it so I could make quick reservations at the Genius Bar.

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

t300, just to clarify. You have this application at home, and you use it to make reservations at the Genuis Bar before heading to the Apple Store? Or, have you seen the application in the Apple Store and used it from within the store to reserve a spot at the Genius Bar?

If you have the application, would you mind saying what it called and where people can get a copy?

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

whats that round icon in the menu bar next to the bt one?

oh and does anyone remember/know how to move the icons in the menubar??

6. RiseAgainst macrumors regular

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I had it and used it to make reservations, but that was a while ago, from someone I knew...I no longer have it and don't know where to get it. The interface itself is not that useful, just the Genius Bar thing...And To make a desktop link to that is easy...There was a URL that is used at the Apple Store to directly link the Genius Bar with that store...Dang, I can't remember where it was. I found it the other day and meant to set it up. Well, I will check it out and let you know, as it is a very useful item.

9. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

after thinking about it, i would much rather have this feature than a dock. the dock always seems to get in the way, even though i minimize it with no magnification. id rather F11 and click an item from the 'center dock thing'

10. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Yes, this is just a standard Apple Store app. My local Apple Store has the same thing. Personally, I like the dock better, this makes things look too cluttered.

JOD8FY