Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brasscat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Dallas, Texas
The self-professed black shirted "Apple Employee" that introduces the MacBook Air, and previously the Apple iPhone, is actually a male model. I caught his mug on the TD Ameritrade login (see photo, URL).

Probably not going to "see him at a Apple store" any time soon.

Attachments

• appleguy.jpg
    appleguy.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 363

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Do you actually, really, honestly know that?

Personally, I feel a bit cheated! Shame on you, John.

It's false advertising if he doesn't... I think.
Or defrauding the public. something.. they couldn't lie like that. Even if he only worked at an Apple store for a few minutes, I'm sure he did/does.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
there was a thread on peictures of this guy at work in an apple store, i think he was a manager, try a search, i definatley remember seeing it, maybe someone liked the vid and offered him a new job.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
a forum member met him working in an apple store, took and posted a photo and named the store.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
apple pays him to shoot those videos, so he's an apple employee.

TD ameritrade pays him to shoot photos for them, so he's their employee too.

big deal.

im beginning to think that the guy from the get a mac ads isnt really a mac. that other guy is definately a real PC though.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
1. I think it's OK for an actor to play an employee for ads and other promotional material.

2. Few make a living as a full-time model or actor. So it's quite possible he has/had a day job at an Apple store.

3. Edit: Oh yeah, isn't his name in the videos "John Appleseed?" (Or something like that?) That alone should tip you off.

Sambean

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2002
The self-professed black shirted "Apple Employee" that introduces the MacBook Air, and previously the Apple iPhone, is actually a male model. I caught his mug on the TD Ameritrade login (see photo, URL).

Probably not going to "see him at a Apple store" any time soon.

I too am a male model......:D but i do not work at an Apple Store....
http://www.sambean.com

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It's not the absence of the evidence but the seriousness of the charge that should motivate us.

Ah, right. And the National Enquirer is the living gospel.

Even if he isn't or wasn't a store employee, he could have been an Apple contract employee while he cut the ad. They'd have needed to put a non disclosure agreement in the deal with him.

CashGap

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Music City, USA
Ah, right. And the National Enquirer is the living gospel.

Even if he isn't or wasn't a store employee, he could have been an Apple contract employee while he cut the ad. They'd have needed to put a non disclosure agreement in the deal with him.

I was being sarcastic. The whole "Thread and photos indicate he works at an Apple store so we should assume he doesn't work at an Apple store" logic just gave me a chuckle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.