Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick5947

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I see on Apple's employment website they don't specify a minimum age to work at the Apple Store, even just as a cashier. Anyone know if you can get hired at under 18, say 16?

thanks,

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
You would need a pretty impressive resume to be chosen over someone that is 18 or older with more experience working with technology I would think.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
You would need a pretty impressive resume to be chosen over someone that is 18 or older...

What? Time Magazine's Person of the Year isn't enough?

NYR10412170157C-big.jpg

I'm putting this on all my resumes from now on.:p

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Apple takes whatever the minimum age is for that state. For most, it's 16.

The preference is for those 18 yrs. + because of the 7-day/week nature of retail. Someone in high school (even some in college) can't put those hours in so easily.

Passion and knowledge of the products (and PEOPLE skills) are what get you hired. You'll find numerous employees with strong skills in only one of those areas....geeks who should be locked in a room and vivacious techno-morons.

The best candidates and employees bridge both. I interviewed quite a few when I worked for Apple.

Amber

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
I've been thinking of maybe looking to try and get a job in the Regent Street store in London.

I'd love to spend my day getting people to convert and showing them how Apple could simplify and enhance their life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.