Apple Store Employment?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by masterhiggins, Sep 17, 2004.

1. masterhiggins macrumors member

Hi, Guys. I wish to change jobs and have been eye-balling the prospect of submitting a resume to apple (for my local apple store in Edina, MN). I was wondering if anyone in this forum has had the fortune/skill to gain employment in one of these locations. If so, how do you like it? What is the average starting wage? Benefits? Schedule flexibility (college)? I was intending to apply for a sales job, as I was told that it is the most common entry-level position.

Also, when I was in the apple store not to long ago and a "mac-genius" (a bit presumptious and narcissistic for MY taste). I mean, wouldn't YOU fnd it difficult to refer to yourself as a "Mac-Genius", even if it were so? I realize that it's merely a marketed term, but still... He said something along the lines of "Yeah...(scraping fingernails against his chest), it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a mac-genius position".

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

There was a thread about this within the month... try searching.

3. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

this would be the most amazing job for me at this point. I applied online and went in person. in person they told me to apply online, check. so now its the waiting game. i hope it works out ! i would love going to work everyday!

4. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Yea theres a waiting list a mile long, especially in the Minneapolis area. Good luck if you do apply though. Theres a place in Uptown Minneapolis, called Firsttech, you may want to try there (if its not too far away of course), I heard they were hiring a little while ago.

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Good luck. I know of two people that applied for a position at the Mall of America. Turned down within a day and they were serious geeks. Both ended up pouting over it even though I warned them well in adv that there was a snowballs chance in the suns core of them getting a job there. Also from what I hear the pay sucks big time.
    What I suggested was having them try for some of the smaller Mac stores in the area. Might I suggest CompUSA (The one off of France Ave.) or the Microcenter off of HWY 100? You prob stand a better chance getting in there. And if you can get your foot in the door. Who knows. :confused: