Apple Store for Higher Education

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by twinsen, Jul 17, 2005.

1. twinsen macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2005
    In the UK Apple Store there is an option to choose Apple Store for Higher education, a store that can only be accessed from a uni network. Does anybody know if this shop has better prices than the "normal" education store?
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm not aware of anything other than the educational discount, which is for college students. My wife's school has a university computer store, which is online. The prices are the same as Apple.
  3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

Jan 25, 2005
    They sure do.. Normal Edu price is about 9%. I phoned up and got HE discount which worked out about 14% on my Powerbook... and I'm not even a student (before you beat me up, I do work at a HE establishment!)

Good stuff. I recommend always phoning them, you can try and get them to throw things in, and the guy I spoke to sold me Applecare about half price.

In order to use that link your Uni has to be registered with Apple, which mine isnt - technically we arent a University, but we over Degrees, PGCEs and other HE stuff.

Their number is 0800 391 1010. Give em a call.. go on.. you know you want to :)