Apple Store Furniture- Fetzer Maple Desks

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jrs2090, Aug 15, 2006.

1. jrs2090 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I am interested in the Fetzer Maple Desks at all the Apple Stores. Does anyone know how the cables are organized underneith them? In pictures, you can see that there is a spirally power cable going down to the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions for contemporary tables like that at the Apple Store. Additionally, I want to find a way to secure my computres in a unique mannor. I.E fingerprint scanner to turn on, etc. Any ideas in that department?
    Money is no option for me.
    ~JRS

2. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

3. jrs2090 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah where can i buy the tables
    and how is the power cable management done underneath them

has anyone taken a picture of the bottom/underside of a apple store table?
    has anyone seen it?

i know they're made by fetzer

4. regan2 macrumors member

a simple, quick google search led to the fetzer architectural woodwork group out of utah.

http://www.fetzersinc.com/

there's also a section about apple under retail.

5. jrs2090 thread starter macrumors newbie

i knew the website i want to see the underside of the table!

6. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

are you sure money doesn't matter? cuz they cost about $6,000

7. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The error I get when accessing the Apple Case Study is:

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

;)

9. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

link please?

10. imnotatfault macrumors regular

how about those little bean bag chairs in the kids' section??

those are probably way better (and cheaper) than a $6k table.

11. dewby macrumors newbie

I know this is old but the question was never actually answered.
    The coiled wire is just an extension cord that leads to an opening inside one of the two caverns on the underside of the desk. The cable management system is just two swing down melamine doors attached by piano hinges. Attached to the two doors are four power-strips that distribute the power to all of the Apple products. If anyone has any questions about the these desks I would be more than happy to answer them. Also I can get pictures of the cable management if anyone wants to see it.

12. CyberCat macrumors member

Sounds interesting, let's see the pics. :D

Yeah those tables are a little spendy. I checked them out a while back when I was rebuilding my setup. You can get similar looking but much lower price (and quality) furniture from Ikea. You can also check out places that specialize in dinning room tables, you can find very similar ones to the Apple Store tables but then you're looking in the $1k-2k range.

13. jmilez1 macrumors newbie

I'm also interested in the Fetzer Maple Desks at the Apple Stores. I know how the cables are organized underneath them. When you buy, they will give you the manual on how to organize it.

14. jahue macrumors newbie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jahue/tags/appletable/

I am getting ready to start building one of these tables for myself. Here are a few photos I took to get a better feel for the table.

I am modifying the frame to accept a server (flat) backup battery. But keeping the rest.

15. CyberCat macrumors member

Thanks for the pics. Interesting to see how they do their cable management. A shame they don't sell these to the general public.

16. Silverlink macrumors member

Good luck, I too fell in love with the apple retail tables and couldn't believe the style wasn't available to buy, so I went the custom route and hired a talented furniture designer. His blog on the table might show you some tips:

http://jawoodworking.com/veneered-maple-desk-part-1/

Cost me $1800 though :eek:

I also tried the direct approach and asked fetzer himself, but he could only take existing tables apple no longer wanted and shave the legs shorter for use as a desk.

17. CyberCat macrumors member

Please post some pics of your setup! I'd love to see how it looks, the ones linked to look great. Nice thing about quality desks like that is they will last through anything, not like particle board desks from Ikea, unfortunate the premium is so high.

Also how come Fetzer can't sell them to third parties like you? Some kind of exclusivity agreement with Apple? How tall are the Fetzer tables anyway?

18. CyberCat macrumors member

Not sure if that's smaller than the ones at the Apple stores but if it's all solid wood I'm sure it's still easily in the $1800-$2200 range.

19. jrcox, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011

jrcox macrumors newbie

table

I have an applestore table that was given to me. It was a display table that was used at the apple store. I've had it around for two years and want to get rid of it. It's a little smaller than the display tables in the store. This was a short run window display table. Very heavy and needs bar stools to sit at it. reply to this post if your interested. I can send out full pics and dimensions. and we can talk price.

20. jetable macrumors newbie

I'm interested in the table. PM me with the details.

21. winty03 macrumors regular

jrcox, do you still have the apple store table? Tried to PM you, but you don't allow this...

22. jrcox macrumors newbie

yes I still have the table available. Sorry for the late reply.

23. snowrider221 macrumors newbie

I'm extremely interested in acquiring this table as well; and I'm moving into a new office in the next 12 days so would be able to make this happen quite fast :) I'll PM you right now with additional details.

24. mkrebs macrumors newbie

jrcox...have you sold the table? If not, I would like to purchase it.

25. smate macrumors newbie